Results 1 to 9 of 9
This is a discussion on Adaware SE within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Anybody else had problems doing a webupdate on Adaware SE?...
- 05-10-06, 11:35 PM #1
Anybody else had problems doing a webupdate on Adaware SE?
- 06-10-06, 12:07 AM #2
Yes - me too. Just connected today, but getting "error when retrieving update" with AdAware. AVG updates OK, as does Spybot, SpywareBlaster and Windows Defender.
- 06-10-06, 11:46 AM #3
Further to this, I have discovered that the manual update, which does work OK at:
actually contains an old version of the definitions, which may be why the internal update mechanism is failing.
- 06-10-06, 11:52 AM #4
I have none of them installed but I have checked my Outpost, Ewido, Trojan Remover and NOD32 and they all update fine.Ray
Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.
If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here
- 06-10-06, 12:58 PM #5
Was the same last night with Adaware. Strangely, had similar probs with Spybot!
Tho Spybot is OK today.
- 06-10-06, 05:47 PM #6
Thanks for your replies everybody.I've just gone on to the update section again and when it switched to the update window it was fixed at 100%.After a few seconds another message came up saying that the 'file couldn't be read' and suddenly it then updated with the normal end message reading 'finish'.So may be it has updated now.Definitely temperamental though!
- 06-10-06, 08:15 PM #7
I have just updated without any problems.
- 06-10-06, 08:20 PM #8
OK.Thanks for that Alan.
- 06-10-06, 10:59 PM #9
AdAware SE update
Couldn't update the defs file this afternoon but successfully completed just now.