Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Having some strange issues with new d-link router.

This is a discussion on Having some strange issues with new d-link router. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Had a netgear router on the max package for years with trouble free service for the most part. The Ethernet ...

jamonbread is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01952
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Having some strange issues with new d-link router.

Had a netgear router on the max package for years with trouble free service for the most part. The Ethernet ports died on the netgear which is how my PC is connected to my router.

They sent me this d link version now and it has some quirks and issues I never had with the netgear router. My first issue started when certain sites one day started failing to load in any tab on both IE9 and Chrome browsers. They seem to be stuck in a kind of loading up loop and I just get a blank white page?

Some of these sites have now started my browsers to ask me to re-enter my ssid and network key again when I try and load them in my browser. But this will never grant me access it just reloads and ask me to enter them again in a continual loop. In fact periodically I get random pops in both IE9 and Chrome asking me to re-enter my ssid and network key again and again.

I basically can no longer access certain sites on this router that I could when I first got the thing. I've checked on other peoples connections and the sites are fully active. I don't have any other internet enabled devices at the moment other than the sky box for sky anytime which is working fine. I have had no luck with google searches finding I fix to the problem.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Having some strange issues with new d-link router.

Are you using wireless or ethernet? You should not get this on ethernet. If it is wireless, it seems the wireless connection is dropping and has not been set to reconnect automatically. If you are using wireless, are you using the Windows wireless manager?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.