Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Internet keeps dropping connection, please help!

This is a discussion on Internet keeps dropping connection, please help! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; One thing to keep in mind when you are raging at Sky is they can do nothing about your connection ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,589 Posts

Re: Internet keeps dropping connection, please help!

One thing to keep in mind when you are raging at Sky is they can do nothing about your connection problem. This is solely the responsibility of BTO and the engineers who say nothing is wrong and point the finger at Sky. The fact that you have had 6 engineers sent out by Sky show that they are going out of their way to get the fault fixed. The cost of this must be going on for 1000. Many ISPs would have written it off and ceased your contract before now.

I don't know why BTO are so reluctant to do a lift and shift, unless they have no spare points in your exchange. I bet if you were with BT your problem would have been fixed long ago, BTO seem to have a 'down' on Sky and put obstacles in the way whenever possible, especially with Connect customers.

If you send an email to Jeremy Darroch, it will be handled by one of his assistants who may be able to alert someone higher up the food chain than the Help desk, who are obviously up against a brick wall.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      mjstokes85 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMILKES
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 30mb
      Router: BT HH5
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I suppose to say I shouted at the man was a little strong, I just said to him how fed up I am and how pathetic the service has been. Nobody between Sky and BT are communicating.

The BTO said the responsibilty of a lift and shift is your ISP, so Sky have to arrange it, not BT. I told this to Sky, he said it is nothing to do with them and that BT arrange it and in fact just do it off their own back. The BTO said BT are not allowed to just "do it" they have to go very high up to get authorisation and Sky are the ones who have to sort this. Sky said this is not true.

I don't care how much this is costing Sky, it is their problem, if they cannot offer a broadband service then they shouldn't advertise one, they should not be allowed to use another ISPs equipment and then say that they offer the service, it is stupid. I hope it costs Sky thousands more quid to fix it, then as soon as it is fixed I am off.

The reason I cannot leave Sky yet is because I will not get my money back until the problem is fixed, and I have come this far and am not quitting now and not letting them win. They want me to give up but I want my money back, so we are at a bit of a stalemate. If they were to offer me money to leave then I would, but I know that won't happen.

The utter incompetence of the Sky call centre staff is what is so shocking, I mean, the reason I had an engineer today was that the line test failed the other day. The reason it failed is because he did the test whilst I was on the phone to him. I told him this and said it makes no difference as it is not intrusive. Every time I call Sky I am told to try the test socket, or told I need another engineer, who then just says, "nothing wrong". So I then have to ring Sky again, who send another engineer, and the cycle seems to go on and on.

Thanks

The reason it failed is because he did the test whilst I was on the phone to him
      At least that is what you were told by BTO. As for having to get permission from very high up to do a tie pair shift, I think that is a load of rubbish. Quite honestly I think you have been fed a load of bull by BTO, right from the start. Some members of that company appear to say anything that will denigrate Sky. One even told one of my village neighbours that I was lying when I said I synced at 9Mb and that Sky were rubbish. My neighbour was complaining about only getting 4 Mb from BT, when I had more than double that speed..

Have you sent an email to the top man yet?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Well the man at Sky on the phone said the reason the line test failed was becuase the other man did it whilst I was on the phone.

Anyway, I got a call last night about 9pm from a woman from the Executive Team who have recieved notice of my ongoing problem, so it seems to have gone higher up. She said although she has nothing to do with the problem solving and doesn't know about the technical side of things she said it is likely I will need a 7th engineer This will no doubt result in him saying everything is fine, and an 8th engineer then being needed.

I have been told to expect a call back from the Executive Team again either tonight or Friday night.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,140 Times in 2,017 Posts

Good. I trust now that this issue will finally be correctly addressed for you.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

At over 185 posts, I think you have set a record for a single fault and it is not fixed yet.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Thanks

Sky called last night, I was out at the time so called them back. The man on the phone said he needed to do a line test (why?) so he said he would call back in ten minutes. This was at 7pm. It is now 8:20am and I am still waiting for my call back. Worst customer service ever, completely ignoring me now.

nibbenjamin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Forward the CEO this thread!

I bcc'd him in recent email communications concerning a fault on my line and its amazing how quickly it was then solved!!

Thanks

I have just emailed Jeremy Darroch outlining everything that has gone on and with a link to my thread on the official Sky forum about my problem. Doubt anything will get done, I am sure they will just brush it under the carpet.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

EST (Executive Support Team) is who that e-mail will get to. They take complaints pretty seriously, but I'm not sure they'll be able to go elsewhere than than the usual routes that have already been exhausted through the previous advisors you've talked to.

Fingers crossed, though.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast