Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Internet keeps dropping connection, please help!

This is a discussion on Internet keeps dropping connection, please help! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Scubbie If you believe that other sources have been exhausted, then perhaps it is time to write ...

mjstokes85 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EMILKES
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 30mb
      Router: BT HH5
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Internet keeps dropping connection, please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      If you believe that other sources have been exhausted, then perhaps it is time to write a well composed letter explaining what you have been put through. Include the timescale and word it well. Putting a nice letter/email together will be met better than a simple rant.

Include your account number too.

Remember too that as frustrating as it may seem, BTO are contractors. Sky has no option but to use them. This is the same for all the ISPs when dealing with BTO's infrastructure.

Then send it to: jeremy.darroch @ bskyb.com (remove the spaces)
      Well there is still the lift and shift left to do, then I have read somewhere after that a REIN engineer is the last step if I am correct? I'm just so curious as to find the fault as it is driving me mad not knowing.

I totally understand that Sky have to use BTO and I have not once been abusive or raised my voice or anything to the sky staff as I know it's not their fault, In my line of work I often get moaned at for things out of my control so I understand. What frustrates me is I call Customer Solutions and one day I get someone pro active who understands my case, then all the good work seems to be undone the following day when I speak to someone and they have not been told what has already been done about my issue, so I am constantly having to re-tell the whole saga. There seems to be no communication, and skys call back service is so bad. I have been promised so many calls back and never had them, I was promised one this afternoon that never came, and I was promised one at 6:30pm tonight by a woman last night, still waiting for that now. Which then forces me to call again, and speak to someone else different, and explain to them, and the cycle goes on.

As for the BTO's I don't know if I am being stupid, but not one physical check has been made on my line, they plug in their machine, say its ok and go. The last BTO said, it's very common for JDSU's to miss broadband issues. So why no physical checks?

I understand my situation is extremely unusual in the fact that my internet goes off 100's of times a day, yet the JDSU never picks this up, line test's never pick this up, the exchange is fine, the line is fine, I just have no idea what it is. Yet when my speed was capped it was stable for at least 30 hours a time.

So who is this Jeremy Darroch? Some high up bloke in sky?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjstokes85 View Post
      Well there is still the lift and shift left to do, then I have read somewhere after that a REIN engineer is the last step if I am correct? I'm just so curious as to find the fault as it is driving me mad not knowing.
      Check out this page for REIN as there are things which you can do: ::. Kitz - REIN .::

However personally I don't think that it is a REIN problem, but I am open to checking the facts first.

I totally understand that Sky have to use BTO and I have not once been abusive or raised my voice or anything to the sky staff as I know it's not their fault, In my line of work I often get moaned at for things out of my control so I understand. What frustrates me is I call Customer Solutions and one day I get someone pro active who understands my case, then all the good work seems to be undone the following day when I speak to someone and they have not been told what has already been done about my issue, so I am constantly having to re-tell the whole saga. There seems to be no communication, and skys call back service is so bad. I have been promised so many calls back and never had them, I was promised one this afternoon that never came, and I was promised one at 6:30pm tonight by a woman last night, still waiting for that now. Which then forces me to call again, and speak to someone else different, and explain to them, and the cycle goes on.
      Sorry, I was not suggesting that you have ever been rude. I was suggesting that when writing to the Executive Team that you should be nicer still.

Put everything down in the letter, but if you see that it is becoming an essay, then consider shortening things where possible. Keep to the point as your case has gone on for far too long IMHO.

As for the BTO's I don't know if I am being stupid, but not one physical check has been made on my line, they plug in their machine, say its ok and go. The last BTO said, it's very common for JDSU's to miss broadband issues. So why no physical checks?
      They tend to rely on their electronic equipment now. This can be very useful in finding breaks in the line, for example, which would be hidden behind the protective coating that the copper cable is housed in.

Physical checks of the joints should also have been made where these exist. Such joints should include any boxes in your home, the green street box, any other joints between the green street box and the exchange, and any joints within the exchange, including at the telephone equipment.

I understand my situation is extremely unusual in the fact that my internet goes off 100's of times a day, yet the JDSU never picks this up, line test's never pick this up, the exchange is fine, the line is fine, I just have no idea what it is. Yet when my speed was capped it was stable for at least 30 hours a time.
      To me this indicates that they are not testing everything. This being the case, then I would look very closely at what isn't being tested, very closely indeed.

So who is this Jeremy Darroch? Some high up bloke in sky?
      Read this page: BSkyB Corporate | Our Executive team

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Well I just got my call back from sky, it has been sent to BT's technical team and they can see all my drops, so at least they know I'm not making this up. BT seem to think it is a PPP issue and are trying to diagnose why it keeps resetting my PPP session.

I don't think it is a REIN issue either as like I said when I was capped I didn't have the drops I am having when un-capped.

I know you weren't suggesting I had been rude or anything to sky, but I just wanted to make it known I have always co-operated with their staff and understand how their hands are tied.

I have kept a note of all the things that have gone on and I will compose a letter, however I will let sky and bt work on what they are doing at the moment and see where that lands me.

As for checks, obviously the exchange has been checked but the house join or telegraph pole joins haven't been checked, however from sky have told me it sounds like it is unlikely to be either of those.

What are the chances Jeremy Darroch would act upon an email sent to him?

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

What are the chances Jeremy Darroch would act upon an email sent to him?
      He personally is unlikely to deal with the complaint. However it will be dealt with by someone who is likely to answer to him directly.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

I am scheduled a call back from sky tonight at 6pm to update me on the situation and arrange for my 5th BTO engineer I imagine

Thanks

Just had my call back from Sky, BT have changed the BRAS and DSL max settings or something, Sky woman didn't really know, and advised that it is now stable, to which I said it is not, because it is not, as it went off 2 minutes earlier when the phone rang. So back to BT the fault goes again

Thanks

It also seems I am now back to my old problem of every time the phone rings the internet goes off!

Thanks

Currently on the phone to sky, more line tests being done

Line tests all fine (like the other 20 times they have been done), BTO number 5 needs to be booked, maybe the 3 and half hours engineer number 4 spent at my house wasn't enough!
      Last edited by mjstokes85; 16-11-11 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks

Engineer came at 10am, went to the exchange at 10:15 to see if he could get authorisation to do a lift and shift. He hasn't been back since so don't know if he has done it or not. Internet is still dropping connection randomly and when the phone is used, so I suspect not. Calling sky again later, engineer number 6 will be arranged

Just rang sky, woman is going to look at engineer reports from today as she suspects the lift and shift hasn't been done as it needs authorising from higher up in BT. Will update when sky call back.
      Last edited by mjstokes85; 19-11-11 at 03:19 PM.

Thanks

Got my call back from Sky, the lift and shift has to be authorised and will be carried out next week at some point.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast