Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

3 Failed Order for BB

This is a discussion on 3 Failed Order for BB within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi, just found this forum and wanted some advice on problems I am having with ordering BB . I did ...

pk600 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

3 Failed Order for BB

Hi, just found this forum and wanted some advice on problems I am having with ordering BB.

I did have a very old 1Mb adsl connection provide by what are now Talk Talk Business(old Pipex connection).

I ordered Sky Talk, Sky Line Rental and BB Unlimted. All went through okay, apart from the BB order was cancelled half way through (after provision of the MAC code). The line is now activated ( I presume moved to LLU from BT) and working. Old slow broadband is still working.
      The BB order has now been processed and failed 3 times with the response - 'oh the order seems to have failed' 'we might call you back if we fix it' - which seems not to happen.

Are there general problems with transferring to sky broadband from other providers when the voice seems to have been transferred?

Any help or guidance much appreciated. Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: 3 Failed Order for BB

Sometimes (very rarely) there are instances where the system throws up a tantrum when trying to set up a new account or making changes to an existing one. If you could only squeeze out 1MB on ADSL then this could be the reason your order is failing. The system might be deeming your line too long for stable broadband. It would be best to ring sky and ask to speak to a manager who can chase this for you.

pk600 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: 3 Failed Order for BB

I shall do. The house has 1mb as the package has never been upgraded. The line should support upto 14mb apparently.