Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Are BT Stupid Enough To CEASE Before PROVIDE?

This is a discussion on Are BT Stupid Enough To CEASE Before PROVIDE? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Not really Jay there have been a lot of people who have been done on time and a few have ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Not really Jay there have been a lot of people who have been done on time and a few have said its happened earlier, I think its more down to exchange capacity and BTW having the manpower and resources required to fulfill there commitment to complete when they say they will.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      nheather is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Carfax, Horsham (SDHRSHM)
      Broadband ISP: Paying more to get Unlimited so that I get the same service as the MID I signed up for
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Taking yours advice onboard, last night I composed a letter to the manager at the exchange explaining my concerns and posted it personally at the exchange.

I also spoke to Sky first thing this morning and expressed my concerns.

I've just got home from work and found that I have been switched over.

Whether, it was down to my letter, Sky or just coincidence, I don't care.

Anyway the verdict.

A faster connection than I had hoped for. With my previous ISP, Nildram on MaxDSL I was getting 3.5 - 4.5Mbps as measured using the tool on kbps.co.uk.

With Sky I'm getting 4.5 - 5.5Mbps.

I can log onto Amazon and eBay without any problems.

Excellent.

Cheers,

Nigel

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats very good news Nigel

I am very pleased for you mate and enjoy the speed trip
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Gaztops is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Wanadoo/Orange
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie View Post
      Not really Jay there have been a lot of people who have been done on time and a few have said its happened earlier, I think its more down to exchange capacity and BTW having the manpower and resources required to fulfill there commitment to complete when they say they will.
      When i used to work for BT, there used to be one Technician looking after three exchanges, unless it was a main City/Town exchange, then they had one "resident" Technician.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You may well be right Gaz

All I know is the one that did my changes over made a right pigs ear of it and left my phoneless and Adslless and when I called faults the woman I spoke to said oh no they would never do such a thing, sure thats why it took them 5 days to fix it and then tried to bill me 55 for the pleasure as well
      Ray

click here

Cedi Nullis is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My experience with BT is the opposite. I've been with Sky for 5 weeks, checked my bank balance on friday and found BT are still taking 29.99 from it. I'm in the process of getting a refund but it aint easy

Cedi Nullis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12