Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

how to re-install broadband

This is a discussion on how to re-install broadband within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello all, firstly apologies but my knowledge of computers & broadband is very limited so please be kind with me! ...

doug.holmes is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

how to re-install broadband

Hello all,
      firstly apologies but my knowledge of computers & broadband is very limited so please be kind with me!
      When I first got Sky BB about five years ago I seem to remember that I just put a CD in the PC to download Sky broadband and there it was, no problems since.
      However I am thinking of getting a new PC so how do I once again get Sky broadband onto new computer? sorry if this sounds trivial to a lot f you but I just have no idea, many thanks for anticipated replies.

2. Advertisement
      Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Re: how to re-install broadband

You don't need the cd. Once your system is set up, and connected with an ethernet cable, you should connect.

Its literally plug and play.

If you want to connect wirelessly, you need to look for your routers wireless network and put in the network key from the bottom of the router in capital letters when prompted.

It really is that simple, but if you have any problems theres plenty of help on here.

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Re: how to re-install broadband

As per above its just a simple case of plugging in your router, waiting for all the green lights to flash all ok and clicking a web browser and thats it.

The CD contains just useless info but you can install it if you wish has no effect over your broadband.

Regards
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.