Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No connection until I call Sky BB Helpdesk

This is a discussion on No connection until I call Sky BB Helpdesk within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; For the last two days I have had no Sky BB connection until I called to query why. I am ...

RoyMW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Heaton Moor
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry No connection until I call Sky BB Helpdesk

For the last two days I have had no Sky BB connection until I called to query why. I am told that BT have been working on the Stockport exchange since 5th September 06 and have not given an expected fix date... Now this is odd as before 10th September I was connected through Pipex to the same exchange and had NO down time at all... Then low and behold as soon as I come off the phone from the Sky BB Helpdesk at 5pm as if by magic I have a connection... The cost of the calls, the frustration and the "magical" nature of fixes is really not good enough. Anyone else finding the same ? Roy

Fair point Wheelie... OK we can't expect to never lose service. To qualify my posting... during over two years with Pipex I only ever noticed losing service twice, which lasted just a couple of hours. So far my Sky BB experience ain't rosey and is costing me alot in phone calls. I also have had years of experience working on a helpdesk (doing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support) for a WAN of 1,500+ users and have seen plenty of network problems. Ho hum, Roy
      Last edited by RoyMW; 05-10-06 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Qualifying comment

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Roy

Its very possible that BT have been working in the exchange since they are doing a lot of work in a lot of exchanges due to upgrades and adding of Easynet equipment, the fact that you never has any problems while connected to Pipex just means you were lucky since I would say most people regardless of ISP have had down time at one time or another.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here