Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

My ping is way way too high.

This is a discussion on My ping is way way too high. within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Now, I'm not bothered about my download speed being cut in half to 3.5Mb/s from 7 as it is unlimited ...

Broadbandguy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

My ping is way way too high.

Now, I'm not bothered about my download speed being cut in half to 3.5Mb/s from 7 as it is unlimited and Sky have to slow you down or you'll actually take advantage of such an offer.

Also I'm not that bothered about my upload dropping from 0.9Mb/s to 0.4Mb/s as that is off little importance to me.

What bothers me though is my ping which has gone from 20 to 58 to the BBC, in other words I'm lagging in my online games and can't access my favourite servers.

I have the exact same set up as before, just 2 weeks ago I had 7 down 0.9 up and a good 20 ping.

What I would like to know is why did my ping increase to three times of what it was when all they did was change me over to Sky.

I may just get BT Infinity if I can't sort this out.

2. Advertisement
      timc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh, Essex
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: My ping is way way too high.

I think you need to post your router stats first. See here How to get your router statistics .

Sky do not restrict your speeds deliberately , things may happen that cause a slow down but mostly they can be resolved , hence the need to see your stats.