Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

This dont make any sense

This is a discussion on This dont make any sense within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; i ordered my b/b and got it accepted on the 22nd aug.... When i check my address for sky b/b- ...

bigj2552 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSGIR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SKY Q HUB
      Sky TV: KODI
      Thanks

Red face This dont make any sense

i ordered my b/b and got it accepted on the 22nd aug....
      When i check my address for sky b/b- it comes up with 12-19mbps.
      now....
      When i check my BT phone number i get -
      "Testing your line indicates Sky Broadband is not currently available, but you can still benefit from free evening and weekend UK# calls with Sky Talk."

"Based on the number you have provided we are unable to provide you with Sky Broadband as it appears your phoneline may have a service that is incompatible with Sky Broadband. You can still benefit from free UK* landline calls with Sky Talk.".
      Only thing that i got on my line is - caller display ( 3pm form BT )

"Based on the number you have provided, it seems your phone line may need some additional work to activate any available Sky services, so it might take a little longer than usual to get you up and running. But don't worry; we will resolve this once your order is complete - you don't need to do anything extra"

and there are nothing incompatible with my BT line.....i had to wait 2weeks to get a new line installed BEFORE i could get sky's broadband.

got email from sky saying my b/b will be activated on the 31dt sug 2011.
      So what is it ?
      Have i got it coming on the 31st - or i,m i up the creek without a paddle ,putting it mildly
      Last edited by bigj2552; 28-08-11 at 04:10 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: This dont make any sense

In the majority of cases Sky will have your line enabled on the Activation date.

It is strange that you should have got that previous message in the first place, but at least things appear to be moving forward now.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

bigj2552 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSGIR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SKY Q HUB
      Sky TV: KODI
      Thanks

Smile Re: This dont make any sense

update - type in my land line number and -

You already have Sky Broadband, if you want to upgrade your service online, your available options are displayed below. Add a Sky Talk calls package to your Sky combination to benefit from free evening and weekend UK# landline calls.

Based on the number you have provided, it seems your phone line may need some additional work to activate any available Sky services, so it might take a little longer than usual to get you up and running. But don't worry; we will resolve this once your order is complete - you don't need to do anything extra.

Hmm....additional work ?.....is this gonna be the dreaded deley in activation i keep reading about on here and other forums ?.......after me saying i have nothing but praise for sky b/b the last time around

guess we will see on the 31st.....i still got faith in sky coming good