Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

No ADSL connection

This is a discussion on No ADSL connection within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi there, new user here but experiencing the exact problems as said above. Internet working fine (apart from occasionally dropping ...

alan.mears123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Blythe Bridge
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

No ADSL connection

Hi there, new user here but experiencing the exact problems as said above.

Internet working fine (apart from occasionally dropping during calls) for 12+ months, yet on Thursday ADSL literally dropped off the line. I have a dial tone, and Sky support state there is nothing wrong with the line, yet the 'Tick' light and ADSL light refuse to light up at all. It is not even blinking as if trying to establish a handshake with the exchange...

Sky aren't being very helpful at all.... can anyone on here shed any light?

I've wwapped filters etc and even when plugging the router directly into the test socket (albeit through a filter) still nothing on the line... When I log in to the router, there's no IP address or anything...

The sky website informs me that it's 'unable to check sky Broadband & Talk availability on my line' and Samknows comes back with congratulations broadband is available, here's your options...

Does this point me in the direction that there is indeed no live ADSL on my line?

Thanks in advance for any help, and my apologies to the OP for hijacking!
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No ADSL connection-skybb1.jpg   No ADSL connection-skybb2.jpg  
      Last edited by alan.mears123; 22-08-11 at 05:45 PM.

2. Advertisement
      galaxian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bangor (NI)
      Thanks

Re: No ADSL connection

I have the exact same problem, BT were out on Saturday morning and reckon the line is ok - but I still have no Broadband. I have borrowed another router - but the 'i' light still doesnt come on or even blink. Sky phoned back on Saturday evening believing everthing was fixed. Been down since the 8th of this month. Dont know what to try next.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Have you been swapped on to Sky's SVBN? Likely if you have Sky phone rental. That may have messed things up. Checking your phone number with BT gets a Number not in BT database reply. Try it here -
      BT Broadband

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

My line is still BT - here is the result from the link above.

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.
      Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 4.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3Mbps and 7.5Mbps.
      Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 6Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 8.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 6Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 3.5Mbps and 8.5Mbps.
      Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 26.5Mbps and upstream line speed of 6Mbps.
      The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.
      Thank you for your interest.
      Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
      Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred

This is interesting as the guy from BT said he could see a 2meg connection, and previously I was always connected at 4.5meg, and this is the reported connection speed when I look at my account details.

Still not sure where this leaves me, does this provide any clues ?

Thanks,

Colin.

Thanks

@Galaxian - If I were you I would be off to FTTC Broadband. It will not be that more expensive than Connect and will give you a superfast connection. Connect is the pits at the best of times, but becomes even worse when you get problem, as you are stuck between BT and Sky.

My last post was actually aimed at the Threadstarter.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Thanks Isitme. I have Sky Broadband Unlimited, but pay the line rental to Bt.
      Might look into fiber.

Thanks

I have Sky Broadband Unlimited,
      Then it is Sky's problem! Call them and demand that something is done about your connection. Do not accept any fob offs like 'we will call you in 72 hours'. Insist that you are passed to the Customer Solutions Team, there is no excuse for being without broadband for over 2 weeks. Make this clear to Tier 1.

Please change your Profile to reflect the correct BB package.

TomD

Useful Utilites