Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Broadband Sign-up REJECTED!!

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Sign-up REJECTED!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I just recently changed from bt to sky talk, sky line rental and sky broadband unlimited BUT - I have ...

pandysbox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Sign-up REJECTED!!

I just recently changed from bt to sky talk, sky line rental and sky broadband unlimited BUT - I have been told by the lady at sky that my braodband order has been rejected, she says the capacity in my area is full so now what? Can anybody help with advise please?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky Broadband Sign-up REJECTED!!

I am surprised they did not just put you on Connect without telling you, which has been their policy in the past. I am also surprised they sent out your router without having a confirmation that you could get broadband. There are a few leaving Sky for fibre, so if there is fibre available in your area, a place could become available quite soon. I would not normally recommend it, but it may be worth asking to be put on Connect on the understanding that you would be switched to LLU as soon as a place becomes available, with a discount on the cost until you are switched.

The problem is that if you have been put on SVBN you will not even be able to get Connect, in which case tell them you want to cancel the lot and return to your previous provider.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

pandysbox is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Well just had everything explained by the lady at sky tech support. There isn't any space at the exchange for me on unlimited as present it is FULL. She did explain that they could provisionally place me on connect and then when a space becomes available they'll automatically transfer me to unlimited - also because of the situation they can offer a reducting in the monthly price from 17.99 down to 12.99 which is still pretty good as I was paying 22.50 on bt. I decided to accept the offer only as a temporary solution so hopefully I should get an activation date soon.

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

This is interesting. Keep us updated.