Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What does 'your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator'

This is a discussion on What does 'your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator' within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I'm on the Paisley exchange. According to Sky when my husband called them last night we are connected as of ...

kirstywirsty is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

What does 'your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator'

I'm on the Paisley exchange. According to Sky when my husband called them last night we are connected as of the 19th October (it's still not working!!!) but according to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php (picked up from another thread) my 'line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator'

Anyone got any info? We're now 3 weeks without broadband and I'm coming to the end of my tether

Cheers!

2. Advertisement
      Jay23Sx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Horsham Carfax
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Sky is an LLU operator so it could just mean your all connected - alternatively your old ISP (if you had one) was also an LLU operator

geeewar is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by kirstywirsty View Post
      I'm on the Paisley exchange. According to Sky when my husband called them last night we are connected as of the 19th October (it's still not working!!!) but according to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/checker2.php (picked up from another thread) my 'line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator'

Anyone got any info? We're now 3 weeks without broadband and I'm coming to the end of my tether

Cheers!
      hi Kirsty,

Am also on the paisley exchange and was supposed to be active on the 7th September but still no joy. I contacted BT who say that the line is LLU enabled which just means that the line is active with that type of software/hardware they use, howevrer BT have told me that the line has no broadband package attached to it so i plan on phoning Sky again tonight. I'll keep you posted if you want and you can do the same ..

Cheers

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Paisley Exchange

Will do Geeewar!

I had a look at the BT order status and have no orders against my account.

Good luck phoning - no one seems to know what's going on!!!

Thanks

Kirsteen

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Kirsteen

Where did you check your BT order status ? I was told this morning from BT that the problem is 100% Sky... But as you say 'no one knows what is going on '..

Hard to believe that they are treating people like this !!

Cheers
      Gerry

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Geeewar

I've just spoken to Technical Support on 0800 051 2595. After a while of being told that my line has been activated and wanting to run through all the checks (for umpteenth time!) I informed them about the exchange problem.

They say that yes they know that there's a problem with the Paisley exchange and that it's been the case for a month but they don't have a date when it is due to be resolved. I argued that surely they must have a service level agreement with BT for issues such as these and the manager I spoke to has said that he'll investigate and get back to me tomorrow However I don't work a Friday - not back til Tuesday so unless I get connected at some point over the weekend won't be able to feeback until then

Cheers!

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ok Kirsteen, many thanks for the info. Fingers crossed that between us we can get some sort of straight answer from these people.

I will keep you up to speed with any progress i find out.

Cheers
      Gerry

Mushroom7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ashton MRASH
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Just checked mine too and it said the same;

Congratulations, you are in a broadband enabled area.
      However, your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator such as Be, Bulldog or Easynet. Moving to another provider may require a cease and re-provide, which may result in loss of service for a few days.
      I was previously with Zen, are they an LLU operator too? i didn't think they were but who knows. According to BTW my migration from Zen has completed and i've not been able to access any BB since 13th Sept(activation date)

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes Zen do LLU but they only have 4 exchanges enabled but it will be Easynet that is referring to.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

carruthers67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Kirsty Wirsty and Geewar,

I'm a Paisley man too and was coming to the end of my rope on this one. As can be seen from some of my other responses I have phoned sky and they told me I was connected. Said that there was noise on the line (I was using a bloody cordless) and that therefore it was BT's fault.

As a side note are both of you not getting an internet light. As ever sky refused to tell me anything about this and just blamed BT.

I think we should keep each other in the loop about this.

Carruthers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast