Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What does 'your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator'

This is a discussion on What does 'your line is currently unbundled by an LLU operator' within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; @ Geeewar You can check your BT order status here . If not logged-in to your BT online account you ...

Johnny7 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: High Wycombe (SMHY)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      @ Geeewar

You can check your BT order status here. If not logged-in to your BT online account you will need to log-in to see the details.

john
      John in High Wycombe

2. Advertisement
      geeewar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi Carruthers

Thanks for the info. I too, have no internet light. Sky have told me that its something to do with the installation of a 'Card 5' whatever the heck that means as the technical guy had no idea either. I will def keep you informed of any progress I find out

Cheers
      Gerry

CANTGETWORSETHANTHISBAND

geeewar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Paisley
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi John

Many thanks for the info. I will need to set up an account to see what my status is.

Cheers

carruthers67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      At least I now know that I am not the only one. Raging though that Sky haven't told me this and made me spend about 20 mins going through embarrassing question such as "have you pluuged your router in" "can you try and insert your grey cable again" and other such snash.

Lets keep each other informed eh?

fgraham is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: PAISLEY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

New Info that may help!

Hi,

I found your thread through google and discovered you all appear to have same issues as myself.

"no adsl green light to exchange. activation date well passed. nobody seems to know whats happening at sky/bt".

My activation date was 11th at midnight. My friend also in paisley activated well ahead of his date and is working fine on sky right now.

I won't bore everyone with my long running telephone exchanges with sky.

However i may have gotten further to resolving the problem than most. so here is my bit of info which i hope may help you somewhat:

08705 515 515 option 5 then 1 - first line support (tier 1) at sky - 3rd party call centre that go through a script with no idea how to problem solve. In order to get beyond them you may have to go through there common faults script. This is just a means to an end and would advise you do so.

Ask to then be put through to tier 2 (or level2 as some sky support guys call it). These are far more advanced support guys that are genuinely more helpful.

Ask them to check which DSL AM card you are connected to.

I have discovered that at the paisley exchange sky has reported a fault to BT on the 4th of September relating to a fault on DSL AM NO2 - cards 1, 3 and 5. If you are on one of those cards then you have likely discovered the route cause of your problem.

Last night i had my fault escalated to tier3 support (the final level!) - these are the guys you rarely get to chat to dealing with high level faults. I complained that BT had not given sky an update on fault, asked what SLA is (service level agreement), and also asked can they chase BT for resolution, can i be moved from faulty card to working card.

All the above is unknown as i have to give them yet another 48hrs as that seems to be the time agreed for BT to reply.

I would advise anyone, on the same cards at the exchange, to escalate the fault to tier3 - state you know of others having identical problems and quote the cards above. I know each card has at least 20 ports - meaning at least 60 people in paisley could be having connection problems. So this is by no means a small issue.

I hope with enough people applying pressure and talking to tier3 we can all get our connections sorted ASAP.

Let me know how you guys are getting on and will keep you updated!
      Frazer

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Welcome Frazer
      Sorry to hear of your troubles and thanks for posting this information.

fgraham is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: PAISLEY
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Bye Sky - Cancelled and Moving to AOL

Well, i thought i would give Sky to the end of the week. But having read more forums over the course of today i think its a loosing battle and one im not willing to stick with them to see a successful conclusion

I want working broadband to enjoy some relaxing time off over xmas. So decided to cancel with sky, send router back, and move to AOL with me supplying my own modem/router thats compatible

All in, what with problems my old ISP Plusnet had with their carrier (Tiscali), complaints to ofcom and ISP Association in relation to that. Finally being clear to move to sky only to discover issues at local exchange and no ETA for a fix other than "they ripped all the cables out and decided to start again"
      I've been without broadband since July and pretty much disgusted with the whole sky customer service experience. Very good at refunding costs but useless at providing a resolution to exchange issues

Some irony to my sad tale - even to the last sky showed me they had no idea what was going on - tried to cancel with customer service and their systems showed i had only reached tier2 and so couldn't cancel as i had to have spoken to tier3. Reality - tier3 had phoned me several times and they are still to call me with an update! Needless to say, after a chat with the Manager in Belfast, the cancellation was approved and in 5-6 working days i should be a free man again

Have to say that if i ever move to an NTL area i think sky will loose all my business if i have a viable alternative - this whole experience has left me somewhat disgusted with the Sky company.

Hopefully my move to AOL will go smoothly and i can enjoy the internet

Good Luck everyone who's still hanging in there. Hope one day you get a resolution and your stronger than me to keep with them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12