Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Like Tree1Likes

Moving To Sky Broadband Unlimited

This is a discussion on Moving To Sky Broadband Unlimited within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by rozel It is interesting to note that there was a slight increase in the downspeed when the ...

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Moving To Sky Broadband Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by rozel View Post
      It is interesting to note that there was a slight increase in the downspeed when the manager pressed the buttons.
      Your syncs will vary by up to 350kbps with regards to what time of the day it is and how noisy your line is. In other words you will get a different sync rate every time you re sync the router depending on the line conditions.

2. Advertisement
      rozel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Re: Moving To Sky Broadband Unlimited

An Update................

Things were going smoothly from the 14th, when DLM training started, with several resyncs having been noticed.

I wrote an email on Friday to ask them to update my Account Information, which still says - testing completed on the 12th August with abnormally low speeds. See Post #92. I also asked for the promised N-draft Router.

Some clown though decided to take my email as a moan about speed and took it upon himself to do another Manual PO thus terminating DLM Training once more! "clown" wasn't the word I used when I first read his response but for the sake of good manners I won't repeat what I said

However I am promised that DLM Training will kick in once more later today and to wait another 10 days. They have set the profile to a marginally higher download speed but much lower upload speed, as per the first PO which was set on 11th August.

And as for a N-draft router, I am promised a phone call later today to see if they can waive the 35 fee!

It's all becoming a complete joke. That said my previous experience with Sky's customer services was so bad that I did know what to expect - the standards have fallen even lower! But at least my actual download speeds have been holding up at around 12.3/12.4 Mbps - this equates to 5 Mbps more than with my former ADSL Max provider and with a 7.50 pm saving - so all ain't too bad

BTW I have noticed that immediately after a PO has been applied, my Ping using SpeedTest.net increases from 39/40 ms to over 62 ms. Should I worry about this? - does it affect my actual download speed? and why does it change?

roz

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011