Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anyone help with this one

This is a discussion on Anyone help with this one within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; This is a bit of a conveluted story but I'll try and keep it concise and to the point and ...

carruthers67 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Anyone help with this one

This is a bit of a conveluted story but I'll try and keep it concise and to the point and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I have been checking my activation status evryday snce the 21st September ( my activation date) by logging plugging in my router and waiting on the internet light. To date all I have had is the power light and the wireless transmitter light, no internet light or light to indicate what port the ethernet is plugged into. So last night I decided that being two weeks late was unnacceptable, so I phoned them.

Obviously I went straight to customer services. The said that I was activated and have been since Friday 29th September. They suggested I trytechnical support.

So, I phoned technical,(don't even get me started on foreign call centres for technical assistance) and went through 15 mins of utter nonsense, you know the stuff, restart your machine, can you take out and re-insert the yellow cable, can youtake out and re-insert the grey cable, can you get a pen and restart your router. All standard stuff and as ou can imaagine I was chuffedthat it was costing m e premium rate calls for things i had done myself on more than five occassions. Anyway, at the end of it all she says, "is there a bit of static on the line" Foolishly, I said "Yes, there is , but I use a cordless phone and there normally is" Not realising sky were looking for a get out clause.

They have now said that the line needs fixed by BT and that it will take 2-3 days, which isn't too bad, I hear you say, but I know that it isn't the case, it's only cause I use a cordless phone. So in three days time I will be in the same scenario. I tried to tell them but they had went off on one and at one point tried to get me to call BT myself. "NO way, sk are sorting this" I said, and they took that on board, transfered me to an Irish call centre where they agreed that they will raise a fault and indeed saidthey had at the exact moment.

So after this rant I guess my question is, wen the inevitable happens, and I need to call them back, can anyone give a suggestion as to what the problem could be. Has anyone experienced similar? What was the cause? Any help at all on this one will be appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      One question have you been to the BT Checker to seee what it sayd on there about your order ?
      Order tracking: Landline orders You will need to register if you don't already have an account.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Keep forgetting to bring my account number for Bt into work!

Would this matter, though Sky assure me I am activated.

C

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I have no idea but I am activated and SkyBB know it but the BT checker still says order in progress and so does the SkyBB system and the only way I got activated was by talking to provisioning and that was 3 weeks ago and both system still say the same thing

So you knowing if they have completed it on there could well help

Just a though.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cheers I'll try and remember the account number tomorrow.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 05-10-06 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Please do not quote the preceding post.Please use QUOTE sparingly please use @User Name this helps keep the forum tidy thanks

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      NP and dont forget it
      Ray

click here

ROBBIE is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NORTHOLT
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I'm no techie, but to me that fact that you aren't showing a ethernet port light on your router would suggest a problem with the box. I could be wrong but when I was waiting for activation the ethernet, wireless and power lights were on before I even had the phone line plugged in.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Robbie

Not at all I had the very same problem though mine was caused by BT messing up at my exchange no phone or Adsl but once they did get it sorted the Openreach engineer called me from th exchange to make sure my phone was ok and I asked if the line was also fixed to the Easynet equipment and he checked and confirmed that it was.

I had no light 'i' on the router and said as much to him and he said call SkyBB and inform them so thats what I did and about an hour later it sprang to life, SkyBB did tell me that BT had not informed them that my migration had been complete and they still haven't
      Ray

click here