Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What is your prediction ?

This is a discussion on What is your prediction ? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Scubbie Your connection speeds are looking good. Providing that there are no issue, you could get a ...

DragonDallas is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: What is your prediction ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Your connection speeds are looking good. Providing that there are no issue, you could get a further small increase. In fairness I don't think that this will happen though.

Nice modification there with the aerial. Has it made a difference to the WiFi coverage?

I would suggest that you place the router on it's edge though. It has been the case in the past with other Sky routers that they can overheat when placed on their side.

well with this antenna i can take laptop to garden and arround the house and BB work normally, I fitted conector so if i want better antenna i can just change it.

this one is 8 dbi and it cost 5, range about 300-400 meters, the original router antenna is about 2 dbi.

2. Advertisement
      rozel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exdee View Post
      Should be able to get 1.8MB/s on torrents..
      Really? 1.8mbps seems extremely low - are you suggesting Sky "throttle" this type of download? If so, what else do they throttle and where can I find their "Traffic Management Policy"? I though that Sky Broadband Unlimited was just that?

I'm moving to Sky BB one week from tomorrow - cannot supply stats due to my setup. Getting 7.2/7.5 Mbps via ADSL Max right now - promised 10/20 after running-in period. Live 1.03km's from exchange as crow flies.

roz

timc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh, Essex
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rozel View Post
      Really? 1.8mbps seems extremely low - are you suggesting Sky "throttle" this type of download? If so, what else do they throttle and where can I find their "Traffic Management Policy"? I though that Sky Broadband Unlimited was just that?

I'm moving to Sky BB one week from tomorrow - cannot supply stats due to my setup. Getting 7.2/7.5 Mbps via ADSL Max right now - promised 10/20 after running-in period. Live 1.03km's from exchange as crow flies.

roz
      You should have noted that capital MB was used. That's equivalent to 18000kbps and is a very good download speed.

rozel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

Oops! Sorry and thanks for the explanation - yes I remember this in the dim and distant past - am getting an old git these days and forgetting things. Yes I'm hoping to get something towards this speed too - we'll see.

roz

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123