Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Help! VERY slow browsing speed daytime only

This is a discussion on Help! VERY slow browsing speed daytime only within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; After 3 years of good broadband service from Sky, for almost a week now the browsing speed from the morning ...

idc74 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01353
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Help! VERY slow browsing speed daytime only

After 3 years of good broadband service from Sky, for almost a week now the browsing speed from the morning until about 7pm at night has been super slow. To the point where it's been impossible to even open emails, let alone watch video content. Strangely, evenings are fine. Download speeds are okay at all times (10 mbps) but upload is under 1 mbps. Strange that browsing is therefore so slow. Same problem with two different laptops and two Android phones.

Sky customer service has been terrible. I've now spent 2 hours on the phone to them (at my expense as their promises to call back have failed), have spoken to 6 different people and have gone through their standard trouble shooting three times, from changing channels to checking connections, etc. Finally, after four days, they agreed to escalate the issue, but I'm told it could be 3 to 7 days before someone contacts me.

No-one I speak to seems to do anything other than go through their script and to be without broadband for a week on an unlimited, paid for service is not on. After asking if my neighbour had broadband that could be interfering (she's elderly and doesn't have broadband, not that that should matter) one 'tech' guy even suggested that she may have medical equipment that's causing a problem??! I was lost for words. Can anyone help?? Any suggestions welcomed.

Stats taken this evening:

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 134625 208167 0 348 6904 10:51:17
      LAN 100M/Full 16859 3997 0 120 13 11:38:13
      WLAN 11M/54M 191608 123404 0 21520 1098 03:15:25

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 11337 kbps 938 kbps
      Last edited by idc74; 21-07-11 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Additional info

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Help! VERY slow browsing speed daytime only

Are you only using wireless? If you've not tried to use Ethernet then do so as it's likely to be a WiFi issue and there's not a lot Sky can do about that
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket