Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Outstanding Order

This is a discussion on Outstanding Order within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hi All, I looked around for the "Say Hello" thread, but couldn't seem to find it So I'll say it ...

Dim
      Dim is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Outstanding Order

Hi All,

I looked around for the "Say Hello" thread, but couldn't seem to find it

So I'll say it here - HELLO

Now the formalities are out of the way, hopefully one of you could give me some advice!

Previous owner of our house was with sky for everything....and it's still running?! Due to be disconnected/moved over on Saturday.

We have decided to only keep sky for the TV and so we set up broadband/phone with cough*talktalk*cough (no mocking).

Not a problem, but our go live date was today and, surprise surprise, we haven't gone live. On calling them they tell me there is an 'outstanding order on our line from another service provider'. But they can't tell me who or why. Or even how and when! The lass that's just moved knows nothing about anything new being ordered - she's been with sky for a few years. So I literally don't know what could be outstanding.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to resolve this? Not sure if you have enough info but also not sure what info you need!

Effectively they are saying 'you can't have broadband or phone with us, because somebody else is trying to set you up for one and/or the other of these' - is this right?

Would really appreciate your help, it's driving me nuts!

Cheers,
      Dim

Now feeling a bit of a wally - Say Hello - was at the bottom of the welcome email. Oh well, off to a good start.
      Last edited by Dim; 19-07-11 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Special Needs

2. Advertisement
      timc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh, Essex
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Billion 7800N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Outstanding Order

That outstanding order could just be the cancellation perhaps.