Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

SKY D-Link Router Disconnecting/Reconnecting Repeatedly

This is a discussion on SKY D-Link Router Disconnecting/Reconnecting Repeatedly within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok In fact this has been happening for while now but its until now i've actually had time to try ...

S.Thomas is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barwick In Elmet, MYBKE
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

SKY D-Link Router Disconnecting/Reconnecting Repeatedly

Ok In fact this has been happening for while now but its until now i've actually had time to try erect the problem..

i've done all the routine checks that sky makes you go through..

It usually disconnects for me during perk times so on a weekday between 5pm -12am i found out through out the morning and the afternoon it works fine and doesn't disconnect at all but on a weekend it happens every time... so i'm baffled by it all tbh..

It seems to disconnect and then reconnect the green light goes off and then after like 5-10 seconds it starts flashing amber and then stop flashing completely and then goes back to solid green(starts working again) However today was strange it just went solid amber for about a minute and went back to normal :/.. This is increasingly annoying because i'm an online gamer...

I also get slow download speeds too as i live in the middle of no where, i would expect less problems with connection than anything

can anyone explain this ?

Below are the router statistics:

System Up Time: 26:31:23
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 2496 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 55.5db 27.5db
      Noise Margin 10.3db 11.0db

just after the last disconnect 30 mins ago.

Tell me if you want more information as i'm new to this.
      Last edited by S.Thomas; 18-07-11 at 10:03 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: SKY D-Link Router Disconnecting/Reconnecting Repeatedly

I am afraid you are on a horrible product. I think the advice of most would be to find another ISP and leave. You are being severely capped at peak times and Sky will do nothing about it. Look for an LLU supplier on your exchange or another seller of the BT product that manages their system better than Sky. These are not difficult to find as almost all other ISPs rebadging BT are better than Sky.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

S.Thomas is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Barwick In Elmet, MYBKE
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

ermm, wow. Really ! it was the only i could get because of my area I knew i was being capped but does that mean you also get the odd few disconnects too ! what exactly is an LLU supplier??

what if i live considerably far from the exchange would it affect my speed?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

An LLU supplier is one who has put there own equipment into the exchange. There are a few of these, Sky, TalkTalk and O2/BE are probably the biggest. They supply their broadband through their own equipment and are not subject to the restrictions of using BT equipment, apart from the wires to your home.

You should not get disconnections, but these are more likely over a long line such as yours. The farther you are from the exchange, the lower your speed will be. You should be in the 4-5Mb range.

To make sure the problem is not in your internal wiring, take your stats from the Test socket and see if your sync speed increases. How to test your ADSL in the Master Test Socket

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.