Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ordered sky talk and broadband on 11th april, still not on!!!!

This is a discussion on Ordered sky talk and broadband on 11th april, still not on!!!! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; So, I ordered Sky Talk and Broadband on the 11th of April and i've still not received it up till ...

deanlfc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Ordered sky talk and broadband on 11th april, still not on!!!!

So, I ordered Sky Talk and Broadband on the 11th of April and i've still not received it up till now. I've had a number of different excuses of why this is. One of these being, it needs a MAC code from previous broadband provider, they can't connect it because they say i have go two land lines registered to my home. They told me an engineer was fitting a part which had broken. They always tell me I will be rang back with an update, but this always fails to happen.
      The first letter I received from sky, stated that the connection would be made by the 8th of June, this did not happen. I received a letter 2 weeks after the 8th of June telling me this, it is now the 16th of July. I called today and they said that they will contact me in a couple of days and my broadband should go live. However, they told me yesterday that today would be the day it goes live. Same old rubbish each day with them, anyone else had these problems? and how long did it take to receive your broadband?
      I am extremely disgusted with the customer service I have been provided with throughout the entire time and didn't think that this would happen with such a popular company.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Re: Ordered sky talk and broadband on 11th april, still not on!!!!

Judging by your new post today ( ive no internet still,, has anyone had same problem please reply ) you're connection wasn't made yesterday.

It is unusual not to hear anything from Sky when there are issues.

I would suggest that you check your 'My Sky' page on the Sky web site.

Sign in to My Sky

You'll need to log in, but there is a section there to check the status of any outstanding orders.

If this doesn't reveal a suitable answer, then give Sky a friendly call and ask to speak with a supervisor or line manager. If they refuse to just transfer you, explain briefly that you ordered Sky Talk & Sky Broadband back in April and it has still not been connected despite several promised dates.

If once you get through to the Supervisor or Manager your order is not satisfactorily resolved, then we can provide you with details of the executive support team who can cut through any 'problems' that might be stopping it, but before that happens, it would be useful to know what has happened from Sky's perspective and why the order hasn't been progressed.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

As per your reply on the other thread, it sounds like tie pair issues. As far as I know, not much that Sky can do to action it quicker, and there is no real set time-scale for these type of provisioning issues to my knowledge. It's just a matter of calling provisioning until they can tell you a date that the tie pairs are to be ordered/shifted from.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to User05 For This Useful Post:

deanlfc (23-07-11)

Sky eService Team is offline Sky Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Corporate
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi deanlfc,

I'm sorry to read about the issues you are trying to get Sky Talk & Broadband provisioned, I can understand how very frustrating this would be for you.

I see that you posted on the 16thJuly, can you confirm if the service has activated for you yet.

Thanks,
      Sky eService Team

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help
      My Sky and Sky iD https://mysky.sky.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sky eService Team For This Useful Post:

deanlfc (23-07-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

thanks for the info, and nope it still not on, ive now cancelled i lost faith haha, thanks for your help though, thankyou

Exchange:
      Thanks

i called up there unable give me information but thankyou ive now cancelled