Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sagemcom F@st 2304

This is a discussion on Sagemcom F@st 2304 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Okay so I've finally been persuaded to go with sky Broadband after having AOL internet since 1998. The reason we've ...

rjnicko is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sagemcom F@st 2304

Okay so I've finally been persuaded to go with sky Broadband after having AOL internet since 1998. The reason we've switched is because I've been disappointed with all the random changes to our AOL platinum account and the fact that we only now get 3mb/s when we use to be getting between 8 and 9 10 months back. We go live with sky Broadband on 25th July.

So anyway today sky has sent me a wireless router, first impressions not that great, as it doesn't have an external antenna and kinda looks a bit cheap. Then I went online and discovered that it doesn't even has 802.11n technology what i've been use to with my Apple Airport Extreme Base station for the past 2 years.

What I wanted to ask was would I be able to use my Belkin router which is also 802.11n along with my Airport Base Station if I change all the configuration settings over from AOL to sky and how would I find out the new settings. I'm asking this as i've found some ISP's only allow certain routers on there connection which work properly, My network setup at the moment is as follows...

My Wireless Belkin router (with wireless disabled) connected into the family office Mac mini via ethernet. Then I have a 25 meter ethernet cable going to my Apple Airport Extreme which is on top of a tall unit in the family office this is then giving the wireless signal out to all my wireless devices of which I have quite a few of (the Airport Extreme Supports 50 devices simultaneously) a iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, MacBook, eMac, MacBook Pro, 2 Mac minis, and Two Power Mac G4 Towers. I'm Also wondering if this new sky router would be able to support this many machines/devices lol. The Airport also serves as a print server thanks to its USB port on the back of the router.

and I really don't want to use this pitiful looking sky router if I don't have to.

thanks in advance.
      Last edited by rjnicko; 15-07-11 at 11:12 AM.

2. Advertisement
      nw1456 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sagemcom F@st 2304

have a look around this site and you can find details on how to extract your username and password from the sagem. It's quite easy.
      Last edited by nw1456; 16-07-11 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Welcome to Sky Broadband.

The router does look a little 'cheap' compared to the router that you have been used to.

As for performance: WiFi might be a little slow (72mbps) but the signal is reasonably strong. The router does cope well with heavy usage.

As nw1456 has pointed out, there is lots of info on this forum on how to set up your own router on the Sky BB. Check out this section to start with:

Extracting Sky Router passwords

The Sagem 2304n has had a chequered history so far, but the new firmware has resolved many of the issues that it suffered from. There was a rumour that a new firmware would be released to upgrade it to full WiFi n abilities, but it now looks as though this will not happen.

With regards to your speed, do post your stats once you go live and perhaps members can help you to get the best from your connection. In the mean time, please take a look at this link for some tips:

::. Kitz - Improve your adsl connection speed .::

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Welcome to Sky Broadband.

The router does look a little 'cheap' compared to the router that you have been used to.

The Sagem 2304n has had a chequered history so far,
      Scubbie, have you ever considered a career with the Diplomatic corp?

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nw1456 View Post
      Scubbie, have you ever considered a career with the Diplomatic corp?
      Why?

I am one of those people who is actually qualified to take people for a long walk off a short pier.

(Not me )

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Why?
      Just the tactful way you describe the sagem. Personally I've seen better designed items fall out of a Christmas cracker !

I am one of those people who is actually qualified to take people for a long walk off a short pier.
      Ah right, now your username makes sense, great sport/job? wish I still did it. *sigh*