Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection Woes+Sky's Fault. Can anyone help!

This is a discussion on Connection Woes+Sky's Fault. Can anyone help! within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok, this is a long story. I ordered sky bb a long time ago. the mid package, i have all ...

mr leeches is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection Woes+Sky's Fault. Can anyone help!

Ok, this is a long story. I ordered sky bb a long time ago. the mid package, i have all my equipment, and had my activation date (21/09/06)

Now at the same time i wanted to move my sky + box, so arranged an engineer to come and do it.

I later decided not to move my box so phoned sky to cancel the engineer to move my box, but some idiot at sky cancelled my broadband.

Now after what must be over 7 hours total time on the phone to these idiots, i finally get to the point where they are saying that it takes 30 days to come off "cancelled" status on the system so i can re-order it.

Obviously i am rather ********* at this. Its not my fault that THEY cancelled my broadband. I have phoned provisions and customer support and i get the same answer.

What i cant get is that if i had cancelled my sky tv, they would be phoning me trying to offer different packages to get me to stay...... whay cant the do the same with the broadband??

Does anyone have the e-mail/phone number of anyone within sky, that might be able to help me?

Im tempted to cancel my tv and wait for the ineviatable phone call asking why im leaving and what can they do to make me stay?......but im weak and i love my sky+!

anyone?
      Last edited by Wheelie; 05-10-06 at 11:58 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site mr leeches

Though I understand your frustrations please refrain from using bad language even with the ***** it doesn't hide the words as this is a family orientated forum.

As for them cancelling your broadband who did you call to have that done and did they also cancel the sky + move as well?
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

sorry about that.

Anyway, i phoned the sky+ team, as they were the ones who i made the order with. Yet somehow they managed to cancel my broadband, but keep the engineer booked in (i have since cancelled this and had a refund)

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Then I would call the main Sky CS department and speak to someone in authority its there mess after all
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

thanks, have tried that already.

Looks like the waiting game begins

lynda0808 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: mitcham
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I threatened to cancel my sky tv phone and broadband coz the mucked up my order so the gave me a month of all 3 free

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      No offence Linda but at the end of the day people will not be able to get away with doing that forever and they will just start accepting it, it also doesn't help to fix the problems short term or the long term that people are having.
      Ray

click here