Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection 04/10/2006 latest

This is a discussion on Connection 04/10/2006 latest within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had no internet on the new sky service so I just plugged in my old router and connected up ...

Russdf1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: catford
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connection 04/10/2006 latest

I had no internet on the new sky service so I just plugged in my old router and connected up access to internet as I am still on so I assume I am still on Virgin! the letter from sky states

" BT have infomed us that your line should be active from midnight on 04/10/2006 and you will be charged for sky broadband from then on. If we're told that there is any change to the date on which your line will be activated, we'll let you know."

2. Advertisement
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Finally got through on the 08000512595 number after only 20 min wait was told it was BT fault as they are snowed under particulary in London exchanges, and expect me to be connected in 7-10 days. (nice of them to keep me informed) Russ

StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ah cheers Russdf1. I think you may have answered the reason why we're not connected yet either.I live in Reading not London but it's all pretty relative I should imagine. Made me smile about the info' they put into their standard letter. I mean let's face it should doesn't really smack of being definite does it?

macpuss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancing
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

keep wating

hi
      do not want to worry any one , but I was due to be activated on the 23/08/2006 but was only connected on the 28/09/2006.
      even now the connection keeps dropping off , and the best download speed I have got yet is 4.7 ( should be 16) Guess what? sky say they will call back in 24hrs to sort it , some hope.I phoned them nearly every day for a month and never once received a call back or a letter from them. I even wrote three letters to the managing director and even that office did not reply.
      My advice give up now and cancel its just not worth the hassell even once connected.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site macpuss

Though I understand what you are saying as do many others on here there are also quite a few that would disagree with you and say its well worth the effort once everything works.

As for you problems have you tired any of the suggestion made in the stickies of the router forum.
      Last edited by Wheelie; 05-10-06 at 06:25 PM.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

StevieBoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Reading
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Macpuss,Russdf1,further to my last post I've now been connected. On the 'mid' package and presently flying. I'll stop there for the time being.I mean wouldn't want to tempt fate eh!

macpuss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancing
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Smile

thanks Ray, have not yet had chance to check out the router problems, only found this site today.I run am a mac using mac osx I have turned off the fire wall at the moment to try to see if it makes a diference but will now sit and search the forum. Lets keep hoping

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have been connected! only 24 hours late better than the 7-10 Sky qouted, have set up pop3 (naturally unable to use the sky web portal same as most on here) and am able to send and receive mail using my outlook live and OE but only when connected to the sky router Incredible! I use various access points on my Lap top as you would expect using a portable computer including an additional broadband connection in my home (talktalk) but you can only poll for mail when connected to Sky! makes a mockery of the whole point of pop3 I hope these are just glitches in system bad enough only being able to use their router.
      Fortunately I have own personal Email address so can put up with the Email problems.

But speed is up and down uploads good but my wireless card is capable of 108mps but rarely achieves 9-10! this maybe something someone can help with PLEASE!!

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Pleased to see you are now connected Russ

As I have said macpuss the router forum has some very good advice to aid in solving problems.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here