Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connection Problem

This is a discussion on Connection Problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hello everyone, i have a little problem regarding my connection when it comes to Chatting VIA Skype (with webcam ofc). ...

Piper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connection Problem

Hello everyone, i have a little problem regarding my connection when it comes to Chatting VIA Skype (with webcam ofc). The reason why i applied for sky is to Chat with my sister outside of the country and also do a little gaming. Now going back to the skype problem, when i video call my sister i cant seem to get her images via webcam, and when we do it the other way (she calling me) it still the same and she sees me in her webcam but i dont. And oh its displayed there in skype that it is regarding my connection. Lastly, i also play GG (garena) which i play in bayantel rooms and when i play W3 i get spikes / delays. And oh, my connection package is 1.5 mbps. I appreciate a fast reply.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Connection Problem

Could you please post your router stats please?

How to get your router statistics

Also can you confirm the following:

• How is your computer connecting to the router (i.e. WiFi or Ethernet cable)?
      • Are you or anyone else in your home running anything else at the same time (i.e. torrents, Anytime+, BBC iPlayer)?
      • Which version of Skype are you running?

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

when i video call my sister i cant seem to get her images via webcam, and when we do it the other way (she calling me) it still the same and she sees me in her webcam but i dont.
      That suggests that the problem may be at your sisters end. If she can see you it would not appear to be your settings that are wrong. She may not have her camera set up properly.

Have you tried Windows Live Messenger? Windows Live Messenger 2011 - Instant messaging (IM), video chat

I use it to chat with a friend in England and it works very well.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Piper is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Could you please post your router stats please?

How to get your router statistics

Also can you confirm the following:

• How is your computer connecting to the router (i.e. WiFi or Ethernet cable)?
      • Are you or anyone else in your home running anything else at the same time (i.e. torrents, Anytime+, BBC iPlayer)?
      • Which version of Skype are you running?
      I cant load the page on how to get the router stats and its an epic lol.

1. Ethernet cable
      2. No. Just me on my lappy
      3. Latest ofc.

Ok now i have called service hotline and they said they will notify the "System Admin" regarding my connection.

Well its not just skype but also some of the online games that i have been playing. I have experienced lots of delays etc.. But when it comes to browsing its very good (pages loads fast, images loads fast, and streaming too) When it comes to online games and Skype/YM/MSN its really depressing. If i cant solve it here, well i just might turn to the sky team in my area.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

I cant load the page on how to get the router stats
      Do you mean the link is not working? If so copy and paste this into your address bar, then remove the space between the /.
      http:/ /www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/view-routerstats.html

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.