Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

My Sky Support Nightmare

This is a discussion on My Sky Support Nightmare within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ive had nothing but a nightmare of a time with Sky Broadband's terrible support services. I'll post the basics but ...

plkrtn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

My Sky Support Nightmare

Ive had nothing but a nightmare of a time with Sky Broadband's terrible support services. I'll post the basics but I'd really like some advice about what to do as Sky CST doesn't seem to care!
      * 19th June - Whilst watching a movie on Sky Player on XBOX 360, the Internet suddenly cut off. No Internet light on our original White Netgear router. We assume it's an issue with the exchange.
      * 20th June - 24 hours have passed, telephoned Sky Broadband CST, after going through all the trouble shooting steps I'd already done. We were told that they would send us a new router and it would take 3-5 days so expect it on Friday 24th or Saturday 25th.
      * 25th June - Rang Sky, who tell us that it is actually 3-5 business days and expect the router on Monday 27th.
      * 27th June - Rang Sky, who tell me that there hasn't been a router ordered, apologised and they tell me that they have ordered a new router and it will be with me in 3-5 Business Days.
      30th June - Ring Sky who tell me once again that the replacement router hasn't been ordered. It has now been escalated and expect to hear from their team in 72 hours.
      2nd July - Tweet that @skyhd has taken 13 days to do anything and no one seems to care. Get a reply from @skyhd saying it could take 10 working days for anything to be done.

So now it could be a MONTH for Sky Broadband to fix a problem that is easily remedied by sending a new router, or myself going out to buy a router from PC World today.

What the he'll am I supposed to do here? It's past a joke. Any advice would really be appreciated!

2. Advertisement
      Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Re: My Sky Support Nightmare

I doubt you spoke to CST after 24 hours. Currently we can't put anyone through to them unless at least 72 have passed.

I'm wondering if your router isn't captured on the system as its an old white Netgear one, some of them aren't, so it will need to be ordered manually rather than the normal way. This seems to take longer.

You don't need to speak to CST at all for a new router. If you have been told you can have one, tier one can send it.

plkrtn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well excuse me for using the incorrect internal term! Fact is, I've been promised a new router twice, failed to receive it, twice after being told my order hasn't been processed twice and I'm now told it could be 10 working days till they've investigated my problem.

So either tier one have lied twice, or someone has decided that I didn't need a router after all, twice... Cancelled the order twice, and failed to inform the customer that further diagnostic work needed to be done. Twice.

Do I really need to speak to citizens advice and get trading standards involved over this? The Customer Service I have had so far is contemptible. Whatever happened to under promise and over deliver?

Sanity is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XL
      Sky TV: Virgin XXL
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plkrtn View Post
      Well excuse me for using the incorrect internal term! Fact is, I've been promised a new router twice, failed to receive it, twice after being told my order hasn't been processed twice and I'm now told it could be 10 working days till they've investigated my problem.

So either tier one have lied twice, or someone has decided that I didn't need a router after all, twice... Cancelled the order twice, and failed to inform the customer that further diagnostic work needed to be done. Twice.

Do I really need to speak to citizens advice and get trading standards involved over this? The Customer Service I have had so far is contemptible. Whatever happened to under promise and over deliver?
      Generally, for this issue, you should have had a ticket escalated to CST. All I was saying is that if that was the case, you will be at least 72 hours waiting for a callback.

If you call again they should have a record on your account of the fact you have been promised a router and will try and track where it is.

I'm not for a moment saying that there aren't some very poor agents taking calls, but a lot of us do actually do the best we can for customers.

Sky eService Team is offline Sky Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Corporate
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi plkrtn,

We are sorry to hear you have had an on going issue.

Our tech tier 2 support have had to deal with a back log of cases recently. They aim to respond to customers with an update in around 72 hours, bu this has been closer to 10. It sounds as if you have n open ticket with them involving an on going investigation.

Are you able to confirm if there has been any update since your last post?
      Sky eService Team

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help
      My Sky and Sky iD https://mysky.sky.com