Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not Connecting

This is a discussion on Not Connecting within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Unless its coincidence you're not on Unlimited as that upstream speed is the Connect speed. Try and run the BT ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Not Connecting

Unless its coincidence you're not on Unlimited as that upstream speed is the Connect speed. Try and run the BT speedtester Isitme linked to - if it works you're on Connect

You just use the username, not including the @skydsl (it's been a long time I've used it, mind)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

You have plenty of upstream noise margin in hand, so you could call Sky and ask them to raise you upload speed as you feel it is too low. You could also ask them to try your line on ADSL2+, your line is not that long so it should work. If they do either of these, it will confirm you are on the LLU.

With the new BT Tester you do not use your user name, it is the Service ID, which is a different thing.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

mikelane is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pinner
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky Q
      Thanks

OK, spoke to Sky who confirmed that I was on Unlimited package. He has increased up time and ping. He also tried changing me to ADSL2+ which increased up speed but lowered download speed by 75 kbs and so reverted to old settings. He also gave me my Service ID but the BT Speedtester did not work. New readings as follows:

Ping 34ms, Download 5.111, Upload 0.7, so some improvements in ping and upload but download slightly slower.

Thanks for all your suggestions (by the way, I'm 3.5 kilometers from the exchange apparently)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123