Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Migrating from Talk Talk to Sky

This is a discussion on Migrating from Talk Talk to Sky within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Exdee Earlier this year there was an issue with porting numbers over from Talktalk. Give this thread ...

railfrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMCHD
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: ER115
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Migrating from Talk Talk to Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Exdee View Post
      Earlier this year there was an issue with porting numbers over from Talktalk. Give this thread a read.

Not putting you off. Just warning...
      Thanks for that.

Luckily it is nothing to do with any business so if it did get lost then it would not be too bad.
      Just want to try and keep it as we have had it quite a while.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Just a quick update...

Will be leaving the change for a couple of weeks, as we have given the phone number to someone who might want to get in touch later.
      So to be on the safe side will give it a little while.

xmedia is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I was with Sky for 3 years then got talked into Talk Talk. They were so bad I cancelled two weeks into my months trial. Couldn;t stay connected for more than a couple of hours at a time. I just phoned Sky and said I wanted to come back. I had a TalkTalk phone line so went with a Sky phone line

Was told if I wanted to keep phone number then it would take 5 weeks, if I didn't mind a new number it would be 2 weeks.

Didn't tell TalkTalk Sky sorted it all out with them and changeover was two weeks later with no loss of service on the change over

In the meantime i phoned TalkTalk's notorious Indian Branch of customer support as I lost connection again lol, and they said oh we have u down as cancelling and that was about two hours after I had arranged for reconnection with Sky, so they were on the ball. As I still had my Sky router they didn't charge me anything for going back to them they waived the connection fee.
      Last edited by xmedia; 12-08-11 at 04:56 PM. Reason: p

shake is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Huyton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I moved from TT to Sky in late Jan this year and it was relatively painless.

Contacted Sky and ordered the TV, tel line and BB lite and they did everything including contacting TT and arraging for me to keep my tel number. I was advised at a late stage that i would be without BB for 2 to 3 weeks so I called Sky to cancel and a very nice Scottish man offered me a 50 credit not to cancel.

I was paying 23/month with TT for 24/7 calls, line rental and 40Gb download BB. Now i am paying about 43/month. Calls are only evening and weekend and the download limit is 2Gb but we have had some good telly. We also got the HD pack with the 100 M&S vouchers but in all honesty I cant see much difference and we watch the old SD BBC/ITV etc most of the time.

One thing was TT's final bill. We were already paying for line rental in advance but they took further payments after this and we had to wait ages to get a refund. All emails were either ignored or unhelpful standard response.

Thanks

This is from the talktalk forums from one of the OCE's

Hi railfrog,

The number allocated to your line belongs to BT Openreach and it is they who decide if you can keep this when moving to a new propvider. If you wish to move from TalkTalk you will need to contact your chosen new provider to see if it is possible for them to migrate your services from TalkTalk. Provided they are able to do this they will make all the necessary arrangements. There is no requirement for you to contact TalkTalk directly for a migration to a new provider.

Cheers
      Last edited by railfrog; 13-08-11 at 11:52 AM.

Thanks

Right....I will be doing the change tomorrow.

Have been on the upgrade site of my account and apparently there is a one off charge of 39 for a connection fee because I have not got a BT line.

It says an engineer will visit my home to change the line to Sky. Is this right?. Does someone have to come round to do the job?. Would have thought it would just be changed from the exchange.

I am going to phone them as i want to try and get this connection fee waived.
      Does anyone have a "magic" phone number I can use to get through to the right person?
      Will be phoning in the morning. Is this a good time to phone?.

TIA

p17blo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Keresley CMKER
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      I have just done the same and paid 39. No engineer visit here they said as it was a swap from one LLU to another it could all be done at the exchange.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

For some reason they always say an engineers visit, but if you have an active phone line then it is not. There are quite a few who have taken time off work waiting for an non visit by an engineer. Don't be one of them

The charge for changing phone provider from one LLU provider to another is quite normal. You are warned of this when you take Sky LLU phone rental.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      For some reason they always say an engineers visit, but if you have an active phone line then it is not. There are quite a few who have taken time off work waiting for an non visit by an engineer. Don't be one of them

The charge for changing phone provider from one LLU provider to another is quite normal. You are warned of this when you take Sky LLU phone rental.

Thanks for the info on the engineer visit.

I do realise this is a standard charge for changing, but just thought i would chance my hand at getting it dropped.

What is the best phone number to contact sky on to get through to the right person?

Thanks

All done.

Done over the phone.

Go live date is Sept 13th

Will keep you posted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast