Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Have I been connected or wot??

This is a discussion on Have I been connected or wot?? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I ordered sky connect almost 2 weeks ago and have recieved 1 letter but no router. I checked BT 's ...

marcos the black is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have I been connected or wot??

I ordered sky connect almost 2 weeks ago and have recieved 1 letter but no router. I checked BT's order page to see if a migration order had been placed abd found this.

Order tracking: Order detail
      Account number Xxxxxxxxxxxx Phone number 000000000000
      Order reference zzzzzzzzzzzzz
      Placed 29 Sep 2006
      Description CHANGE
      Appointment No date yet
      Date due 29 Sep 2006
      Status Order completed
      Last update 29 Sep 2006
      Latest update Your order has been completed.

Looks to me as if it has been done but I am still accessing the net via my current router and my zen account. Can anyone clarify this for me as I thought once switched over my zen account would go the way of the dodo..

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      That is what it says for me on the BT site and I am connected. Have you tried connecting to Sky as your Zen account might still work for a few days after the change over.

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site marcos the black

There have been a few posts about being changed over and still being connected to their ols ISP so keep your fingers corssed that it says like that until you get your router.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

marcos the black is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Update....

Called sky today to find out what's happened to my router to find that the migration had failed due to someone entering the MAC code in lower case instead of upper case! They still charged me the connection fee though..
      Why didn't someone contact me about the failure I asked? ....Um...it was cancelled by BT he said..oh that's ok then...NOT!

So now it's been reordered and will take up to a month to go through, I find myself thinking am I doing the right thing moving from ZEN who are very good to someone who can't even keep me in the loop regarding my order, for the sake of saving a few pounds a month.