Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My speeds are being capped, but by who and how?

This is a discussion on My speeds are being capped, but by who and how? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; That looks much more promising than buying another microfilter. I'll order it ASAP, and when it arrives i'll post if ...

ZeroSmash is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01709
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: My speeds are being capped, but by who and how?

That looks much more promising than buying another microfilter.
      I'll order it ASAP, and when it arrives i'll post if it's working or not. (Probably annoying everyone even more)

Would installing this void any Sky or BT T&C's? Only, if something goes wrong I'm gonna pay for it. Yes i am cheap.

And can anyone explain to me why i only get 500kb/s real world d/l speed max? It's annoying now that i know sky's not capping it

EDIT: Also, will the XTE-2005 fit? My master socket is BT but it says open nation, and this looks bigger than the one already on

Also (Again) Would this do the same?[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressac-NTE5-compatible-filtered-faceplate/dp/B000IBIIPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306871742&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressac-NTE5-compatible-filtered-faceplate/dp/B000IBIIPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1306871742&sr=8-1[/ame]
      Last edited by ZeroSmash; 31-05-11 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Forgot Something

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

If you have an NTE5 line box, ie, one with a Test socket then it will fit. The one you link to is the same. Fitting this will not invalidate any T && Cs

You may be mixing up Bits and Bytes. A download speed of 5.6Megabits per second will give you a transfer rate of approximately 0.66MegaBytes or 680 KiloBytes per second.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I can't believe i screwed That one up. I'll have to learn that, it'll probably help me not to judge providers too harshly

I'll order the box and fit it when it arrives, and post the (hopefully) changed stats. Thanks for the help!

Thanks

Well, before my plate had a chance to arrive, my internet began behaving erratically, switching off and on at intervals. this prompted my father, the vain man he is, to call sky services on his own, and as i wasnt there, i didnt know what had happened. i came home to find the internet upload was the same but the download at a measly 1 megabytes, and the router statistics showing the stats as a 6/7 mb d/l and a 0.5 mb u/l. i'm now not so sure the microfilter is the problem.

Can anyone suggest what might have happened? My father has conveniently forgotten what the conversation between him and the services was like.

EDIT: Because Stats are awesome.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My upload is stable, but my download fluctuates between 0.4 and 1 mb/s. My ping is normal.
      Last edited by ZeroSmash; 05-06-11 at 08:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12