Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Advertisement

Sky Router and DLNA

This is a discussion on Sky Router and DLNA within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I am hoping for advice that will help crack a problem I have been fighting on and off for a ...

essexgirl2008 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01702
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Sky Router and DLNA

I am hoping for advice that will help crack a problem I have been fighting on and off for a couple of years (I have given up more times than I care to mention).

I have a sky DG934G router. I run a home network off this, and have a PS3, and now bought a Panasonic bluray player with DLNA. Can I get the DLNA clients to see any of the servers I have tried to connect - NO!! in simple terms.

I have tried Media Player 11 & 12, Nero Home, Mezzmo, and a few others. Not a single one has been able to be seen by the PS3. I have put the PS3 in the DMZ, I have put the servers in the DMZ. I have opened all sorts of ports on the router. Nothing.

I have even had a new router since I started trying to get this sorted.

Anyone had issues like this and then got it sorted that can help. I wouldn't class myself as technically stupid, but this has really got me stumped.

Please ask any questions that you may need answers to and I will endeavour to help, as I am now desperate to get this working. The weird thing is that I have a netgear entertainment express and that works fine.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Router and DLNA

Did you enable media streaming in windows media player?
      Have you enabled media server connection on the ps3?

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,969 Times in 1,853 Posts

Re: Sky Router and DLNA

Does DLNA require UPnP enabling in the router? You may wish to enable this on the router is it hasn't already been done.

DMZ Server is not set on the router by default. You may wish to disable it too.

For the moment I've gone back to using the Netgear DG934G as I was getting too many issues with the Sagem 2304n.

I have a Windows 7 Laptop that does stream content directly to a Samsung TV that supports DLNA. The TV can also see a Windows XP PC which has Samsung's DLNA software installed.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms