Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone use Fileserve?

This is a discussion on Anyone use Fileserve? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Just a note, I'm on o2 and had issues with FileServe going slow at certain times. I rarely ever maxed ...

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Anyone use Fileserve?

Just a note, I'm on o2 and had issues with FileServe going slow at certain times. I rarely ever maxed out whereas MegaUpload works with no issues
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

2. Advertisement
      n1ck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

At least i've found someone else having this issue. Just moved across from BT to Sky and have found the fileserve is now dropping speeds after about 5mins of download from 500kb/s+ to a appalling 30kb/s. I'm 90% positive is sky/easynet that is blocking/throttling this, actions so far:

1. Tested Alternative Routers (skys and my own)
      2. Tried Different DNS servers (thought this solved the issue, but alas it didnt)
      3. Tried Direct downloads rather than using Jdownloader
      4. Ubuntu One FileHost Downloads at +500kb/s until file Finished.
      5. Using Linux, so no firewall/antivirus conflicts

Any help would really be appreciated!

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

It is most likely due to a problem outside of Sky's network.

Sky may not throttle or traffic shape but I bet a lot of networks Sky have peering agreements with do.

Do a traceroute to see what path you take to the download to.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

n1ck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Thanks

Combination of the File Host addition (/etc/hosts on linux) and using opendns server ips on non-sky router has (so far) seem to fix download speeds.

AdrianO is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01784
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

I'm having the same problem (filesonic downloads throttled), from what I can see there is definately some sort of traffic management going on. single downloads are about 20-25 Kbps, where as if you have 5 concurrent downloads, it will max out at 100 Kbps (reducing each to about 20 Kbps). Very annoying as purchased a filesonic year long subscription recently. About a month ago, i could quite easily have 5 multiple streams yielding over 12 Mbps. I know it’s being throttled as fileserve is still fast downloads, and can get over 1.3 Mbps downloading an linux iso.
      I'm a sky max customer, whos line was originally trained up to 14.5 Mbps, but now is only 11.2 Mbps after a BT HR (High Resistance) disconnect issue.
      Think it may be time to move to virgin, and pay them 100+ a month instead.

IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

I've got the same with Filesonic on o2 so I doubt it's Sky (although I do get 200Kbps but I'm in sync @ 8Mbps)
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

bigj2552 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSGIR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SKY Q HUB
      Sky TV: KODI
      Thanks

Smile Re: Anyone use Fileserve?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianO View Post
      I'm having the same problem (filesonic downloads throttled), from what I can see there is definately some sort of traffic management going on. single downloads are about 20-25 Kbps, where as if you have 5 concurrent downloads, it will max out at 100 Kbps (reducing each to about 20 Kbps). Very annoying as purchased a filesonic year long subscription recently. About a month ago, i could quite easily have 5 multiple streams yielding over 12 Mbps. I know it’s being throttled as fileserve is still fast downloads, and can get over 1.3 Mbps downloading an linux iso.
      I'm a sky max customer, whos line was originally trained up to 14.5 Mbps, but now is only 11.2 Mbps after a BT HR (High Resistance) disconnect issue.
      Think it may be time to move to virgin, and pay them 100+ a month instead.
      NO ONE in there right mind buys yr long subs to ANY of these file hosting sites ....
      They are ALL to unstable with one thing or another.....some change there t&c's to suit there needs as they please....
      yes, i only take 3mth subs and i have em for r/share - f/sonic - m/upload - and vipfiles.net for my vob video files for djing..

but....to get back to the original poster.....i never had any probs with any file host ( incl fileserve ) until last night.....
      notice my download speeds were not at full chap speed......this was on filesonic.....usually get from 1.6mbp/s up to 1.95mbp/s....
      but last night it was at 755kbp/s - 958kbp/s.....
      back to normal now ......

and.......
      to quote SCUBBY....."I have a PC which is constantly dealing with torrents and the monthly usage varies between 300Gb to 600Gb"

what the hell are you downloading hun for that amount of data ?
      are you just downloading for the hell of it ?......
      even with all my vob video files @ aver 350meg per video + any music @ 320k bitrate + any apps i see i like....i still only manage around 150gig per mth MAX !!!.....the average for me is around the 70-110gig
      sorry but, there aint no way anyone can download that amount of data without using it to gain from....if you know where i,m coming from....
      not getting at you but.....600gig is ripping the **** !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12