Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Finally go live tomorrow what to expect?

This is a discussion on Finally go live tomorrow what to expect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Ok cool hopefully it will get sorted today. I have been checking around other ISP's and whenever i put in ...

craney33 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Braintree
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Finally go live tomorrow what to expect?

Ok cool hopefully it will get sorted today. I have been checking around other ISP's and whenever i put in my number that sky give me to check what i can get it seems to say i basically cant have broadband and that my line supports 0mb? I even went to the sky site and done a landline check via my number and postcode and it said that sky talk and broadband was not compatable on my line even though i have sky talk already and its working fine. I ran the test again on the sky site this time via my address and house number and it came up stating i would get 3.5mb which is what i know i had from my previous house which was only round the corner from where i am now all be it that was with virgin on adsl2+.

It just seems that my phone number is saying one thing and my address is saying another. Just logged into my mysky acount and it states on there under the my broadband section that the estimate speed at purchase i would get would be 2.9677734375Mb

2. Advertisement
      davepusey is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newport, Isle of Wight
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

The test socket is under the yellow protective cap. You need to remove that to access it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to davepusey For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (13-05-11)

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The test socket in the external NTE is quite different from a normal telephone cable slot and cant be utilised by a normal user. From a test socket point of view his best bet would be to grab some wire, remove one of his socket faceplates and hard-wire it temporarily to the external NTE.

Short and sweet.

craney13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Braintree
      Router:
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

My internet is still not working! its meant to be being looked into by the technical team and that they would be in touch witin 72hrs. This has no passed and still not heard anything so im getting really frustated and im tempted to pull the plug on it and look else where.

I just logged into my mysky account as well as its saying that DLM has started on my line? i have no connection though!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123