Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Two days without internet access

This is a discussion on Two days without internet access within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Thats strange as in the letter I got it said use the password you already have with Mysky or something ...

Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thats strange as in the letter I got it said use the password you already have with Mysky or something like that.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

2. Advertisement
      Tyland is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidstone, Kent
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I was registered with MySky long before I ordered Broadband last Thursday but the operator gave me a new e-mail address and password which are confirmed in the letter I received. Do you think this could be a part of solving the Portal problem if the MySky username/password were not "passing over" properly?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I would say its very possible like you I have had Mysky and even an account prior to Mysky for a long time they even messed that up as I used to have wheelie on that but when they change it all over I had to add a 1 to my username
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

hugsie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: CMASHF
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Sorry to ruke your theory out, but I may be able to chamge it slightly.

I had a my sky password prior to signing up for BB and my password works on the portal just fine!

One diference though, when I signed up I was not given a new username. The guy asked me what I wanted and then said, oh you have mysky you do not need to set up a new username. So I never did just used the mysky login.
      It has worked evrsince I was connected. Maybe it is the setting up of a new username when you already have a mysky account registered?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I was told they would use the Mysky login details for my SkyBB account and yep it works in my email client but still not working on the portal.
      Ray

click here

Johnny7 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: High Wycombe (SMHY)
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      Still at least I only lost internet access for the two days although that was bad enough !!
      Sky activated my line on Monday 25th September and I have been without BB since then as the 'engineer' visit to install the router will not happen until next Monday 9th October.

john
      John in High Wycombe

Tyland is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Maidstone, Kent
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @ Wheelie
      Reading the earlier post from Alan b about new username but old password, I wonder if it might work for you. The new name I was given was InitialdotSurname.
      Worth a try?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Not at all the old username I had before they changed over to Mysky was unusable for me or anyone else due to some strange problem hence the having to add 1 to it so my currant Mysky username and password will not work with the portal it still works with pop3 and smtp via my Courier Email client so I guess thats not my problem.

I still think it has something to do with the order not being complete on both the BT and SkyBB systems
      Ray

click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12