Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Slow Internet Speed and xbox live issues

This is a discussion on Slow Internet Speed and xbox live issues within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; New Sky customer here and after 2 sky Modems sent out not working i finally got it working yesterday despite ...

conorl191 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Slow Internet Speed and xbox live issues

New Sky customer here and after 2 sky Modems sent out not working i finally got it working yesterday despite the Friday the 6th May activation date.
      However im having terrible issues with my internet being really slow taking a multiple refreshes of pages to work at times. Also I use Xbox live and it seems to lag and freeze pretty bad and everywhere half an hour or so it will disconnect.

These are my router statistics:
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 1504 kbps 945 kbps
      Line Attenuation 45.5 dB 24.8 dB
      Noise Margin 12.9 dB 12.5 dB

I was told I was paying for 20mb connection with sky so to see speeds as low as that is pretty poor. Anyone know any suggestions I can improve the speed and how to improve my xbox live service. Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Slow Internet Speed and xbox live issues

Your line will be being trained by DLM and your speed should increase. You should have been advised of this in your activation date letter. The problems you have had with the previous routers may have caused DLM to cap your line down. As it is now fixed, leave your router powered up and plugged in for the next few days and your speed should increase.

To get the best from your connection, make sure that there is a filter plugged into the wall socket first on all that are in use. Use only the ADSL cable supplied by Sky and do not use a trailing phone extension.

If you line is good, you should get 6-7Mb.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.