Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sky Router Static Orange Light

This is a discussion on Sky Router Static Orange Light within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Sky eService Team Hi pbul2004, Please try the following troubleshooting steps from the Sky Help Centre. If ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Sky Router Static Orange Light

Quote Originally Posted by Sky eService Team View Post
      Hi pbul2004,

Please try the following troubleshooting steps from the Sky Help Centre. If you find the issue has not been resolved please contact us to investigate further.

Let us know how you get on.
      Is this person a joke?

Whenever they post it is always 'Here is a Sky web page to help you diagnose the problem' and 'if that does not work contact Sky'.

This is not a Sky Forum.

Could this person please offer sensible advice please? Saying 'Call Sky' all the tine when members are currently very critical of the inappropriate advice being given by the people at Sky is not very useful.

Members here can and do offer advice which cannot be offered on the Sky Forums. We also do advice a person to call Sky when it is the best answer.

As far as I am concerned the forum software here is also far superior to the software found on the Sky Forum. Sky Forum software happens to be the same as BT's forum software, indicating that both value corporate image over actual support.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      SkyCST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02087
      Broadband ISP: Other
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Lol you tell em scubbie!

As far as this chaps problem, did removing the DSL cable change the state of the amber light?

If it didnt change and you still have solid amber then you have a faulty router.

However if it did change, then you are suffering from PPP issues, either caused by a number of things, including that setup!.

Basic (Preffered) Setup-

Master phone socket -> Microfilter (ADSL-Splitter) -> DSL cable/Phone

If you have skytv then.
      Master phone socket -> Microfilter -> DSL into DSL side, and a splitter for the sky tv and phone into the phone side.

That is the best setup, ideally i would advise removing that phone extension cable altogether for router use.
      Its still OK for the TV as long as its microfiltered correctly.

So if your setup is all correct as above, and you have the solid amber light, and it also disappears when disconnected from DSL. Then call sky broadband, you will need to speak to CST.

Now at the moment they arent accepting calls for new cases unless they have passed the 72hour turnaround.

As soon as its been 72 or more hours call sky broadband requesting to speak to CST as you have waited for their call, if you are told they are not accepting transfers then request the case is escalated via CEL (Manager) so that it is dealt with by CST and they will call you a day or so after.

Hope this helps.
      Half Decent Sky Support.

pbul2004 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Hi,

I went out and bought new cable and 2 new filters, and its still not working.

Still a static amber light, i turn the router on with the DSL cable = static light. I then take out the DSL cable = static light. When i turn the router off, take the DSL cable out then turn it back on = no static light / no light at all.

I now have the correct setup. I rang sky last night as its been over 72 hours and asked if it can be escalated and i got told no its in a queue.

Im not sure if its the router thats the problem because when i turn the router on without the DSL cable there is no flashing amber light or static light.

When i turn the router on with the DSL cable attached it flashes trying to get the connection then just turns static amber.

They said they are going to ring me to do a line test?!

Nightmare support from Sky!

SkyCST is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02087
      Broadband ISP: Other
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Hi, yea the microfilters and dsl cable are a waste of time if you remove the dsl lead and still have solid amber light.
      Its normal when dsl is removed, and router is turnt off and on again for it not to display the light.

As what it does, it picks up your broadband signal, and then goes nuts and doesnt have a clue to what do with it and just sits there.

You may have to moan a bit for it to be escalated, you just need to keep pushing that you've waited over 72hours.

mayhemmagic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01253
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Hi Paul,

We are suffering the same problem. Did you manage to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Ian

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234