Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 63k members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky F@ST Sagem 2504

This is a discussion on Sky F@ST Sagem 2504 within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by p1t8u11 Thank you for your help ill take a look tonight the only other thing i have ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Near Portsmouth
      Thanked 2,137 Times in 2,016 Posts

Re: Sky F@ST Sagem 2504

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8u11 View Post
      Thank you for your help ill take a look tonight the only other thing i have is my homehub but i take it i cant just plug my sky into that lol
      Actually it can be plugged in to see if you have a BB signal. If you can recall how to connect to it and pull down the connection statistics, you'll also be also to see how good the line is.

It won't connect to BT or Sky, but it can be used in this manner.

There are other good uses for it too, but this will do for the present.

So I would suggest plugging in the Sagem. Allow it to settle and try to connect to it. If this fails, try the BT HomeHub and see what you can get from the connection.

Then plug the Sagem back in. Try to connect once more. If this fails, then call Sky.

I would also suggest that you turn the WiFi off from your Laptop/PC whilst the router is settling down, just to be sure that you wait long enough.

Also could I ask a couple of additional things:

* are you using the grey ADSL lead supplied with the router?

* did you at any time set fixed IP addresses on your PC? The BT Router uses as it's address, whilst Sky uses If you have fixed the IP address, then this could be a problem

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      p1t8u11 is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: SKY+ 2TB HD

Re: Sky F@ST Sagem 2504

I am using all leads supplied I turned the router on last night an I will try to connect to it later today if not I will call them. The homehub connects fine bar the internet. Fingers crossed it works I will keep you posted ... thank you all for helping

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12