Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can't logon to email and connection keeps dropping

This is a discussion on Can't logon to email and connection keeps dropping within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Right 2 issues that are really starting to get on my nerves. It is now over 2 weeks since my ...

JTG01 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Worcester Park
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Can't logon to email and connection keeps dropping

Right 2 issues that are really starting to get on my nerves.
      It is now over 2 weeks since my Sky broadband became active ( I thought I was one of the lucky ones as my activation went relatively smoothly). First is I cannot logon to my account or webmail online. I put in my username and password (as supplied) and nothing happens. I have called technical support countless times and all I get is - its a known problem. I don't care if its known, I want to know when I can logon, start using my email and primarily configure sub-accounts for my family. I work in IT Support and if our email was down for 2 weeks, or our website the we would all get the sack!
      Secondly my line keeps on dropping. I thought that maybe its teething problems at the exchange and someone is trying to get the configuration correct. But 2 weeks later and it drops quite a few times every day. I don't want to disable UpnP. I like using UPNP, that is why the feature is there!
      I had BT broadband from when it first became available, and for the last 8 years I have not had to complain once, or call their customer\technical service. It just worked. Maybe I should have listened to the lady at the BT call centre when I asked for my MAC code, she told me their (Sky) customer service and support used an 0870 number as she was trying to talk me out of leaving, and foolishly I told her I would never have to call them.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site JTG01

After reading you post I see its no good pointing you at anything since it would seem you are not that interested in the methods already suggested.

As for the email you can create as many sub-accounts using Mysky from sky.com and from what I have been told they then work via webmail, you should be able to access your main email account via and email client I can even though I cannot log into the portal.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Wheelie.
      I have tried logging into MySky as well and cannot even logon there. I have tried everyway I can to get logged on, but to no success, error states 'my logon credentials are incorrect'.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Ah ok in thats case you need to call Sky's main CS and get them to sort that out use http://www.saynoto0870.com/ to find the cheap or free number for them.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

markyb is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: orrell
      Broadband ISP: connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i wish they had forgot to switch my aol off... i was without for 4 days till router from sky arrived

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      There are a lot of members who feel as you do, I hope that they have sorted out the router problems for everyones sake and sanity.
      Ray

click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I found an 0800 number but still cannot logon. Why does my username and password not work? Why can they not just reset my password? I waited another 30minutes just to be told this.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You should be able to reset it on sky.com when you goto the login page you should see Username Help Password Help using them should help you out.
      Ray

click here

lindakay is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: farnwoth North West
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      i have my password and username but there not working when i enter them in either sky.com
      or webmail

i rang sky and was told log into www.webmail2.com
      but never heard of it and don't know how to use it lol
      Last edited by lindakay; 04-10-06 at 06:02 PM.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Join the club seems strange to send someone there
      Ray

click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast