Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

sky modem proplems

This is a discussion on sky modem proplems within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I recived my modem the other day connected it all up and was working for all about 5 mins then ...

chrispayne123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01823
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

sky modem proplems

I recived my modem the other day connected it all up and was working for all about 5 mins then it disconnected and wouldnt reconnect so i switched modem off and on and then it worked fine, for another 5 mins and so on, so i rang sky and they are sending me a new modem but wanted to fix my old one so i was angry and trew it aganst the wall and the case fell of, so was using it disconnecting with no case on and noticed the modem was getting very worm, so i put a fan on it and when it cools it works, any ideas on why it would be getting so worm when im only internet browseing with it

2. Advertisement
      Laprion is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SMBT
      Broadband ISP: SBUF From 1st May
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: sky modem proplems

they badly disigned the F@st2304 just don't try heavy downloads mine is in test socket but if i game or heavy download it goes and have to reset it waiting for the replacement to arrive

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,589 Posts

You threw it against a wall and smashed the case off and you are asking why it is getting warm
      I would not be surprised if it burst into flames

All routers get warm, but they are not meant to be used as squash balls, so it is possible you have damaged the circuity. I would not leave it on unattended if I were you.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Inssider 2/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

i threw it against the wall after it was playing up it has been disconnecting since day one

was thinking of buying one of these off eBay

Netgear DG934G Sky ADSL 2+ Modem Wireless Router | eBay UK

Thanks

One of these should just plug in and connect, provided it is registered with the Sky data base and is not banned. I have bought several over the years and all but one have connected and that was because the previous owner had tried to upgrade it and failed.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

i recived my replacment modem today its the modem i sent a link for in previous post, becuase i work nights i sleep in the day but when i woke up the modem had been left out side my front door (i live in a flat) so thought nothing of it then i went on my sky online account and seen that someone had signed for the modem called (c pring) thats not my name so it must of been the person delivering its signeture then dumped it out side my flat, so i was thinking of ringing sky and saying that it had been dilverd according to the tracking centre and someone had signed for it but i havnt got it, so could of been stolen, would sky then send me another one as, someone signed for it and left it out side my door?, would they buy that or not as i can prove my name isent c pring my name is (c payne) and the signure they used is nothing like mine, but surly a signed parcel should of been taken back if no one opend the door, also there is no one in the block of flats i live in with that name, could i clame kids come in and the building and may of stolen it, ?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,140 Times in 2,017 Posts

This is an issue that needs to be taken up with Royal Mail.

It may be that one of your neighbours signed for it, or your local postman knows that you sleep during the day and that it would have been relatively safe where you are.

C Pring may well be the postie's name.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

The postman was doing you a favour and for that you want to cheat Sky out of another router

If someone had stolen the router, then you would have cause to claim another, as it is, what you are suggesting is nothing but theft.

Next time you see the postman tell him if no one answers the door to take the package back as there are dishonest people in your block of flats who might have stolen it.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Throwing your router at a wall? Thinking of claiming an item that has been received?

What's going on fella? Are you ok?

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrispayne123 View Post
      i recived my replacment modem today its the modem i sent a link for in previous post, becuase i work nights i sleep in the day but when i woke up the modem had been left out side my front door (i live in a flat) so thought nothing of it then i went on my sky online account and seen that someone had signed for the modem called (c pring) thats not my name so it must of been the person delivering its signeture then dumped it out side my flat, so i was thinking of ringing sky and saying that it had been dilverd according to the tracking centre and someone had signed for it but i havnt got it, so could of been stolen, would sky then send me another one as, someone signed for it and left it out side my door?, would they buy that or not as i can prove my name isent c pring my name is (c payne) and the signure they used is nothing like mine, but surly a signed parcel should of been taken back if no one opend the door, also there is no one in the block of flats i live in with that name, could i clame kids come in and the building and may of stolen it, ?
      Full stops. Use them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast