Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Having problems with new sky sagem router

This is a discussion on Having problems with new sky sagem router within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; hi, Have been using, my sky sagem router for 3 weeks now, since having it replaced, i had a Netgear ...

jdsimp1234 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SWBNP - Bridgend .South Wales
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Having problems with new sky sagem router

hi,

Have been using, my sky sagem router for 3 weeks now, since having it replaced, i had a Netgear V1 Router , previously, and when i had that router, when i used to upload via SSH2 FTP, internet was slow, but i did not have any lag while i was playing an online game(Half-life 2 Deathmatch) online at same time, while i was uploading, there used t o be a 10 sec lag. But, never used to have problems with it, apart it dropping out every 20 mins, due to overheating router, etc, now it has come to the end of its life, as it was doing it continously, as sky found out, and told me this while i was talking to them about the problem.

Since using the new sky Sagem Router, i have had internet problems, software no longer works, I used to use the program Teamviewer, quite alot, and i used to be able to log in, and join a presentation, which was run by a friend in USA. Now, the new sky Sagem router, won't let me connect to teamviewer, and in a 1 chance it does, but it connects reaaaaally slooooowly or it takes ages! (Never did before the router change), and then it tries to connect to my friend in USA, Very very slowly, then when i am connected, its very laggy, almost frozen, and i have to log out as i cant see what he is doing..... I HAVENT CHANGED ANY FIREWALL SETTTINGS OR ANYTHING! JUST A ROUTER REPLACEMENT...

Now, since i had the new sky Sagem router, when i try to upload via SSH2 FTP, and try to play the same online game as above(Half-Life 2 Deathmatch) at the same time, i get really laggy, almost to point as if i am DOSing myself, it wont respond to my keyboard commands, and i move around in the game for no reason.,..

OH, btw, my new sky sagem router is the 2304 model, not the sagem 2504 above, previous router i had was a netgear sky v1 router,
      Last edited by jdsimp1234; 18-04-11 at 03:56 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Re: Having problems with new sky sagem router

There are various Firmware versions for the new Sagem 2304n. This issue may be fixed in the latest version, but unfortunately the updates are automated and you'll only receive them when the router searches the Sky site for them.

As a side thought, have you considered extracting the sign-on details from the Sagem router and using your old router instead?

Whilst technically this is against Sky's T&C, many members do this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

ok how do i extract the sign-on details from the new router, wait.....use my old router?? it faulty it drops out every 20 mins, v1 router...its also the only 1 old router i have...

Thanks

also... i am wondering i already am on a gamer profile, as with my old router i had a sync of 15/16mb, with new router i get a sync aof 14/15mb.....i will leave my stats....if anyone can recommend anything...or tell if i am already on a gamer profile...

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN MER 413921 246809 0 519665683 41423212 4:40:51
      LAN Up 263162 434525 0 45479670 525409477 4:42:10
      WLAN Up 0 0 0 0 0 4:41:51
      ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed
      14725 kbps 1150 kbps
      Line Attenuation
      26.5 dB 16.4 dB
      Noise Margin 6.8 dB 8.5 dB

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdsimp1234 View Post
      ok how do i extract the sign-on details from the new router, wait.....use my old router?? it faulty it drops out every 20 mins, v1 router...its also the only 1 old router i have...
      Phooey! I thought that you may have a non-Sky router available.

For reference, it might be a good idea to get it anyway. Check out this section:

Extracting Sky Router passwords

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms