Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Disconnecting problem

This is a discussion on Disconnecting problem within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; my broadband keeps doing the same it was verry slo at frist now it keeps cutting off .i have phone ...

w33ally is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01294467470
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Disconnecting problem

my broadband keeps doing the same it was verry slo at frist now it keeps cutting off .i have phone sky 6 times and i got 3 diff stortys about it the frist one told me to open uo the phone box and test it i said it is not that it works and i am not opeing up box then someone else came on and said io will test the line then i phone you back so did alfer a hour and he saod bt where fixing lines and shout fish the nex day the nex day came still had the same proble buy this time i was so anger so i phone again and i got someone that cant speek engs i couldnt undestad him he was relly cheecky on th phone saying all sotes i got so up set beacuse i dont keep well i had a fit beacuse of him my bf take the phone and told him she has just had a fit and he said so i dont care he siad someone will phone you back in 3o mims i have to hung up now 1 hjour later someone one from sky phoned my mobbler and told me she was verry sorry and will try to help they are working on it and someone will call me in 72 hours i am verry mad beacuse it is still doing it and i fell like going with someone else

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Disconnecting problem

I think you may have to punctuate your post and do some spell checking before anyone understands what you are on about.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

F022Y is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EASUD
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I've had a quick bash at clearing this up a bit.

My broadband keeps doing the same it was very slow at first now it keeps cutting off.

I have phone sky 6 times and got 3 different stories, the first one told me to open up the phone box and test it, I said it is not that as it works and i am not opening up box, then someone else came on and said they will test the line then phone back so did, after an hour he said BT where fixing lines and shout back the next day.

The next day came still had the same problem by this time I was so angry so I phoned again and I got someone that couldn’t speak English, I couldn’t understand him he was really cheeky on the phone saying all sorts, I got so upset because I don’t feel well i had a fit because of him, my boyfriend took the phone and told him I had just had a fit and he said “so I don’t care” he said someone will phone you back in 30 minutes i have to hung up now, 1 hour later someone one from sky phoned my mobile and told me she was very sorry and will try to help, they are working on it and someone will call me in 72 hours.

I am very mad because it is still doing it and i feel like going with someone else.
      Still doesn't actually say what the problem is apart from the connection being slow, all i can grasp is that the OP may have health issues that resulted in an attack or fit of sorts and i don't think an operator would have really said "so i don't care" but may have been shocked (as i think everyone is the first time they see/ hear someone having a fit)

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w33ally View Post
      i got someone that cant speek engs i couldnt undestad him
      If I understand this correctly, you suggest you got through to someone who couldn't speak English. Do you see the irony in this statement?

Also, if you're not willing to rule out the internal wiring as, in your limited opinion, 'it works', then don't expect support. If it was me, I'd have asked is there anything else you need help with and then went onto helping a customer who actually is willing to play ball.

Edit: You may want to remove that telephone number from your profile.

Sky eService Team is offline Sky Team
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Corporate
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi w33ally

Sorry to hear about the issue's you are having with your broadband, when we are troubleshooting any faults on your phone line we require you to be plugged into your test socket, which is the socket on the right hand side once you remove the front from the socket which has the horizontal line splitting the faceplate. The test socket will be the best socket to test for any faults on the line. Even if the socket itself is working, we need to remove this as this stops any extension sockets in the house working and only works through the test socket. We do this so we can check to make sure the problem is not with internal wiring.

You can also look at our troubleshooting guides on our Sky Help Centre.
      Sky eService Team

Sky Help Centre http://www.sky.com/help
      My Sky and Sky iD https://mysky.sky.com