Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Is there any way to know where my Master socket is?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to know where my Master socket is? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Scubbie Under specific conditions DLM will kick in again automatically. Typically these are caused by line issues ...

skyuser2011 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Eltham
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Is there any way to know where my Master socket is?

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Under specific conditions DLM will kick in again automatically.

Typically these are caused by line issues or frequently restarting the router.
      The only time I rebooted the router myself was when I woke up and saw the speed had dropped yesterday. I guess the router must have been having issues beforehand and I never noticed.

The sky.com page with my information is still showing my old stats I assume it will show line testing again in the near future but in the mean time I remember someone saying one way to gage how long the process had been going on is to look at the up times of the LAN and WAN ports. when I look at these 2 ports what should I see to give me a indication of when DLM possibly started?

2. Advertisement
      I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Best thing to do is take the WAN uptime and subtract it from the current time.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skyuser2011 View Post
      The only time I rebooted the router myself was when I woke up and saw the speed had dropped yesterday. I guess the router must have been having issues beforehand and I never noticed.
      If there were errors on your line, you would probably have not realised.

When looking at the stats that members post, much of the information is based upon experience in order to get the best from a connection. However there is a small element which can be seen through the stats to indicate possible errors, but they can also develop at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by skyuser2011 View Post
      The sky.com page with my information is still showing my old stats I assume it will show line testing again in the near future but in the mean time I remember someone saying one way to gauge how long the process had been going on is to look at the up times of the LAN and WAN ports. when I look at these 2 ports what should I see to give me a indication of when DLM possibly started?
      Ignore the Sky.Com page. Mine indicates that I have a 4Mb connection (see my stats below), so I tend to consider it with a pinch of salt.

The router does display the 'up time' for WAN, WLAN & LAN. If you look at the WAN time first thing when you get up, you might see that it restarted around 2-3am. This is the clearest indication that DLM is running.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123