Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sky Broadband Sagem Router - Cant Connect?

This is a discussion on Sky Broadband Sagem Router - Cant Connect? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Morning guys I have recently signed up to Sky TV and broadband however I am having trouble getting online. I ...

Strikeman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Sagem Router - Cant Connect?

Morning guys

I have recently signed up to Sky TV and broadband however I am having trouble getting online. I followed the tutorial and set everything up as suggested however I still cant seem to connect via a wired connection or wireless.

Whats weird though is when I first set it up I did have internet connection for about 5 minutes and was able to download at a high rate, however after 5 minutes the connection dropped and then cut off completely. I can see the router in the wireless network list and when I try and get my laptop to reconnect to it, it just sits at the connecting screen and never actually connects. The same thing happens with my iphone, if I am lucky enough to get onto the router (usually after turning it off and on again) it will connect for a few minutes then disconnect and then say my password is incorrect, even though I havent changed anything at all.

I have tried it with a wired connection as well into the laptop and the same thing happens, could the router be knackered?

I took the router round my mums house and plugged it all in there to see if it would work and it didnt, however im not sure if this would work anyway because she has bt broadband (obviously disconnected the BT router first), would it work round my mums if she has a BT subscription via a Sky router?? I wanted to make sure the router wasnt faulty but it appears it is....

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Re: Sky Broadband Sagem Router - Cant Connect?

What router do you have? There are a lot of reports on the forum about the new Sagemcom 2304N being faulty out of the box. If you have this one, you will have to phone Sky and explain the position.

A router with Sky firmware will not connect to BT, or any other broadband.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

hi mate

Thanks for responding. Yes it is a Sagem router, I have been reading a few other posts and there seem to be similar issues with the Sagem. Can I phone up and request another router, if so what router is the best one to get, if there is a way of requesting....

Mark

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

All you can do is phone up and go through the trouble shooting routine. They will either fix it or send you another router. You can't choose your router with Sky, you get what is at the top of the list.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

We wish we could send out particular routers as well as it would make our lives easier.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Exchange:
      Thanks

Dammit thats annoying, I have had no problems with BT whatsoever and first time with Sky and it goes t*ts up! >:-(

I was getting nice speeds for about 5 minutes then it all went to sh*t

buddbuttocks is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR-102
      Thanks

If your router is stuck with power light only (and ethernet, if it's plugged in), then it needs a firmware restore.

If you have the Sky broadband CD v5, stick it in your machine, open the contents of the disc, go into Utilities, then Win (or Mac if you have one) and run the SRTool application, follow the instructions and it should automatically restore firmware. You will need an ethernet connection. If that isn't successful you'll probably have to phone up.

bigj2552 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSGIR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SKY Q HUB
      Sky TV: KODI
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strikeman View Post
      Dammit thats annoying, I have had no problems with BT whatsoever and first time with Sky and it goes t*ts up! >:-(

I was getting nice speeds for about 5 minutes then it all went to sh*t
      same here...and still waiting for new router ( nearly 2 kws now ) . same/similar probs as yourself from day 1

when it good ....its great i suppose....but when the apple cart breaks....well, you know.....pain in the backside phoning, cause you never get the same person twice...which means you have to go through the whole explaination process of whats wrong with your router / try all the tests / request a new router...then....wait......and wait....and wait....
      large corporations are great at giving you great, cheap deals but,at the cost of, one doesnt know what the other ones doing...most of the time
      good luck m8

Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,194 Times in 2,064 Posts

I have a confession to make...

My Sky Netgear Router gives me the occasionally problem, so yesterday I called in to see what could be done, having been discussing it privately with a couple of other members.

A new router was required and I specifically asked if it could be one of the new ones so I could see what it is made from.

I've just check my account details on the Sky website and it appears that one has been requested, but nothing more than this at present (i.e. confirmation of dispatch).

Click on this link:

https://myaccount.sky.com/portal/myaccount/

Then select the 'Track Order' tab to check what is happening at your end.

Once I have installed the router, I intend to report back to the forum to let people know a little more as there are many questions yet to be answered.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

bigj2552 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSGIR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: SKY Q HUB
      Sky TV: KODI
      Thanks

Smile Re: Sky Broadband Sagem Router - Cant Connect?

hey scubbie...
      thanks for the head up....
      just checked mine -

Sky Broadband
      Product Latest Update
      Broadband Box We are currently processing your order.

i take it that means there getting my new router ready for shipping ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast