Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Message from the Sky Broadband Team

This is a discussion on Message from the Sky Broadband Team within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by Mr Smee Is the assumption that the IP ranges that are ok accessing these websites were originally ...

ailean is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Smee View Post
      Is the assumption that the IP ranges that are ok accessing these websites were originally Easynet addresses and therefore where already in the lists of valid addresses?
      Maybe Mr Murdoch can bring some of his huge (corporate) weight to bear on the service providers of those websites that still have issues...
      You would think so... I'm surprised major players like ebay and paypal are still blocking, other then to annoy the Murdoch clan.

I've not checked much myself as I've still got my old cable broadband and am still testing the waters with the Sky ADSL connection. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know just yet (I can't get into the webmail for instance and there appears nothing Sky support can do about it ).

It seems like they didn't even try the limited testing that they used on the SkyHD box, they should have had 100's of Sky employees on Sky broadband for at least 3 months before releasing to sort all these basic things out.

I've not seen the numbers yet but typically you don't actually get a choice of IP ranges when you ask for some, I'm guessing Sky/easynet said "We expect to have 2 million customers by year end so we need a large range to stick them in.", the central authority said "Err we don't have a live range that size but here we'll active this previously invalid range and you can use that, goodbye.".

If it wasn't for the enormous amount of hacking that goes on these days on the internet (mostly thanks to everyone having broadband ) then it wouldn't have been an issue.

I think the best we can read from the watered down PR release is that they are at least aware of the major issues everyone is finding and are doing something about it, it may take some time to resolve (again this should have been sorted in a closed trial) but they can hardly deny that these faults exist now.

2. Advertisement
      ellies14me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willenhall (01902)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ailean View Post
      I think the best we can read from the watered down PR release is that they are at least aware of the major issues everyone is finding and are doing something about it, it may take some time to resolve (again this should have been sorted in a closed trial) but they can hardly deny that these faults exist now.
      Agreed, I have been having problems with outages, lack of/ or slow service, finicky router etc..... since the first week. Just in the last two days the service has been a lot more stable. Speed is increasing all the time and thanks to this forum, I have made a few tweeks to gain the maximum out of my line.

SKY might re-deem themselves yet and hope they have learnt a lesson before rolling out any other major service !!!!

Now, if only I could set up my e-mail accounts !!!!!!!!

boab2791 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lennoxtown (WSLEX)
      Broadband ISP: Talk Talk
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      @ellies14me

What tweaks have you made then and has this resulted in your speed increase or d you think something has happened at Sky or BT's end?

Mr Smee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Newbury
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Hoorah and hussah! Deck the halls with boughs of holly! Hangout the bunting and run the flags up their poles! Drum roll please...

I now have access to Ebay, Paypal et al...

I am a happy chappy indeed.

God, I hope it lasts...

PS on IP range 90.193.221.***
      ---
      You got us into this parking lot pal, you can get us out!

ailean is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      My webmail/portal seems to work all of sudden too, darn run out of things to moan about.

SHAMZ84 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: kenton
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by PeteBest View Post
      While it is good to see that Sky are paying some attention to the public I'm afraid a lot of it simply seems like empty words.

The staff at Sky do their best to help, but while the management insist on stupid policies like not being able to talk to provisioning and having to wait at least 3+ days just to get an answer back from BT as to why they can't be bothered to activate my broadband!

Very disappointed with the service I've received from Sky so far, even if most of it is BT's fault, Sky simply aren't being proactive enough in pushing/complaining on an individual basis.

As from tomorrow I'll have been without a net connection for 2 weeks, and Sky can't tell me why, or give me a date when I *might* get connected again. Dreadful service, I hope OFCOM come crashing down on both Sky and BT

They just take the **** i'm on the same Freekin boat. Waiting for these BIG companies to provide a proper serivce with out all the hassel. I Can't belive it, Both BT and SKY are huge companies in the UK and they can't work together properly to enusre there customers are happy. Its rediculas.

I wish I never came to sky n BT, i should have stuck with Cable and waited for them to have broadband on my road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

fredrex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: highway
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      2 weeks. 7 weeks for me and still no sign of being sorted.

KentDave is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Unknown
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Hi all - new user here, though sadly not a new Sky broadband user as I am still waiting on a connction.

Have had the router for months. Sky promised originally that my BB would be up and running on 7th September and I'm still not running yet. Every single person I have spoken to has blamed BT with a verbal shrug of the shoulders.

I have sent emails, rang several times (current estimate is 10 hours on the phone and counting), sent letters and have had nothing but empty promises and abdication of responsibility by Sky.

Frankly, I wish I had stuck to Telewest - and that's saying something!

jgrant500 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Username and Password

You have not mentioned the fact that you are having Systems problems (so your Customer Services claim) issuing Username and Password letters.
      I have been waiting 7 weeks and still not letter, despite being told on 4 occaisions that it has been sent to me.

I have tried everything I can to help you to help me but I have had no success and nobody in Sky seems to care or can fix it!

worthy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky Broadband Team

Perhaps the Sky Broadband Team should spend less time reading these pages and sort the problems out. I have been without internet access since I cancelled my AOL subscription on September 1st - since then, Sky Broadband have been unable to even complete the order and send me a router!!

Sky Broadband has redefined "incompetence", due to them, I have had no internet access for more than 10 weeks. I've spent over 12 hours on the phone to them, but no-one there is able to establish what the problem is - each time I call, there is a different problem. They just keep blaming "the system" or even blame eachother. Even their "Team Leaders" can't help.

Hopefully, BBC's Watchdog will get enough complaints to publicise this fiasco.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast