Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Message from the Sky Broadband Team

This is a discussion on Message from the Sky Broadband Team within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; @ Jaysun @ gsxr_shaun I kind of get the feeling thats the only announcement thats coming from Sky today. @ ...

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      @ Jaysun
      @ gsxr_shaun

I kind of get the feeling thats the only announcement thats coming from Sky today.

@ gsxr_shaun

add the details to this thread

Please add websites that do not work for you

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

2. Advertisement
      bravedan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Littlehampton (SDLTTLH)
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      QUOTE - Sky email

We’re aware that some customers have reported intermittent problems when logging into Sky email accounts. We’ve made a number of adjustments and believe this is now rectified. Please call Sky if you experience any difficulty.

REPLY -

Access to site, but no ability to set accounts, names, or passwords......e.g NO IMPROVEMENT

Unable to access SKY Email if not on SKY connection.......e.g. NO IMPROVEMENT

This is NOT intermittent, it's HARD ON 24/7.

QUOTE - Dropped connections

In some threads, customers have reported that they’ve intermittently experienced dropped connections. After investigating this, we’ve made some changes to the network configuration which should resolve this issue in most cases. We’re working on a further fix to address any ongoing occurrences.

REPLY - Mon/Tue this week, not so bad during day, from memory "only" three reboots, but from 18:15 both days not able to run for more than a half hour tops without having to reboot router to regain dropped connection (tho system showing still connected).

AND THIS IS ON THE EXPENSIVE CONNECT OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Sinclair ZX81 was more reliable than this system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      My Bus speed is 26 mph, what's yours??

Toben34 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Neath
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Dissapointed

Nice to see a response from the Sky Broadband team. But, to get this post on here i've plugged my NTL cable modem back in! I phoned Sky TS tonight as I've been experiencing dissconnections, and very low download rates, <1mb (my exchange is only 670mtrs from my house). The woman I spoke to on TS went through all the basic stuff with me; change filters, plug router into main phone socket, etc, etc, even though I explained i had already done these things. She then couldnt continue trouble shooting any further, and said she would have to pass me to Customer Services, who were closed! What a waste of time - im very dissapointed with Sky Broadband to say the least.

skullkid is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: (WMLON)
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      erm

lol msn kicks in but its so slow same with play.com weill with play.com i see the title but thats about it as for the other sites there a no go still

still no msn msg o.O

fileplanet sites are working again tho
      but for how long
      Last edited by skullkid; 05-10-06 at 02:28 AM.
      Motto - "Vis unita fortior"

SDraxum is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      The official answer as to how many people are having problems is 10-15% of the customers at the moment...I believe that may be only the amount experiencing major problems, but I'm none too sure. To be honest, most of the time it's really quite quiet in the Technical Support call center (at least compared to any other ISP call center I've called personally), especially on Sunday's for some odd reason...but hey ho. In case you hadn't guessed...I work there...feel free to berate me, insult me, or ask me things...I can try to answer as long as I'm not in breach of my own contract.

The problems with the webmail, according to our own status page, is actually with the passwords being incorrect...so if you can't log in...there's very little we can really do. We do have a method set up for us to change the passwords...but it doesn't work! So we press the lovely button, it sends you a nice replacement, and it doesn't change it on the system...my advice is not to even bother asking for it to change until the problem is sorted (it is...kind of...just now, but not quite). Also, if you do have access...DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD...it messes up the system, and usually means you can't log in all over again.

Some of the phone calls do get recorded for training purposes...some also get recorded to see how well the agents are doing...but primarily, if the call is being used for training, it means there's actually 2 people on the phone and one is just listening in. This is quite unusual now, as we've not got many more people coming in to Technical (as far as I can see) but it has happened quite a lot in the past. Additionally, if you're a Connect customer...there's actually problems with the system that BT are looking into at the moment...most of the departments don't actually know about the problem, as the communication in Sky is, to be quite frank, generally crap...but it's a known problem which is actually at BT's end.

Uh...did I miss anything?

moshady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      @SDraxum

Firstly, thanks for taking the time (and the risk) to come on here with an insider's view.

I'm interested in the connection slow-down/drop issue that many people who have posted on this forum are experiencing. Do Sky TS believe that this is an issue with the router itself or the configuration of the DSLAMs?

An "official" Sky post elsewhere on this forum indicates that Sky have done something to try to fix the problem but are continuing to work on it. The fix so far hasn't worked (for me at least), so I'd be interested to know what the next step is? For example, are Sky working closely with Netgear on this?

Thanks

ailean is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by SDraxum View Post
      The problems with the webmail, according to our own status page, is actually with the passwords being incorrect...so if you can't log in...there's very little we can really do. We do have a method set up for us to change the passwords...but it doesn't work! So we press the lovely button, it sends you a nice replacement, and it doesn't change it on the system...my advice is not to even bother asking for it to change until the problem is sorted (it is...kind of...just now, but not quite). Also, if you do have access...DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD...it messes up the system, and usually means you can't log in all over again.
      Cheers SDraxum, an update on when the password issues are fixed and how best for us to sort our accounts out would be very welcome when you hear. i.e. should we change it on sky.com after it's fixed to sort our email or will we need to all call up for a reset.

ellies14me is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Willenhall (01902)
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Well, I still can't get into the sky homepage to configure my mailboxes, despite the initial post saying the problems were sorted

I would appreciate if this was being dealt with as a "TOP PRIORITY".

Cheers,
      Ian.

organic Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      i can get into web mail but im not using the sky broadband service they made a huge disaster with my order but i am still hoping fingers crossed touching wood etc that i will get up & running soon.

at least before the 18th october as that is when my current mac code from aol runs out

PeteBest is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Basingstoke
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      While it is good to see that Sky are paying some attention to the public I'm afraid a lot of it simply seems like empty words.

The staff at Sky do their best to help, but while the management insist on stupid policies like not being able to talk to provisioning and having to wait at least 3+ days just to get an answer back from BT as to why they can't be bothered to activate my broadband!

Very disappointed with the service I've received from Sky so far, even if most of it is BT's fault, Sky simply aren't being proactive enough in pushing/complaining on an individual basis.

As from tomorrow I'll have been without a net connection for 2 weeks, and Sky can't tell me why, or give me a date when I *might* get connected again. Dreadful service, I hope OFCOM come crashing down on both Sky and BT

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast