Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Have things gone wrong?

This is a discussion on Have things gone wrong? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Itís a week now since I contacted Sky to add Sky Unlimited Broadband to my existing TV and Telephone packages ...

sam_skyuser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Arrowebrook
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: TP-Link VR900 ( vdsl2 modem/router )
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Have things gone wrong?

Itís a week now since I contacted Sky to add Sky Unlimited Broadband to my existing TV and Telephone packages but whenever I check the status page on the Sky portal for my upgrade, it just says that the order for the modem is being Ďprocessedí, and to come back in 24 hours when an estimated date for connection will be available. These messages have not changed and Iíve been back every day to check for a connection date.

Yesterday, in the post, I received a letter from Sky saying they were sorry that I wanted to leave Sky Broadband and that the MAC included in the letter had to be used within 30 days!Ö etc. The MAC by the way in the letter is actually the MAC that I provided Sky, which was in turn issued to me from my existing ISP!

I of course contacted Sky and explained that I didnít want to leave Sky Broadband, well not before Iíd actually had Sky Broadband in the first place : - ). After much waiting on hold and conversations between the people I was talking to and their supervisor, I was told to just ignore the Ďleavingí letter as it was obviously a mistake.

Iíve checked again on the Sky portal this morning and the status page has not altered. I wonder how long it normally takes to receive the Sky Modem router. I would have thought Iíd have received it by now?

I was originally told when I ordered Sky Broadband that it would likely be about 10 days before I was connected. If that was correct then I guess the 3 or 4 of April would have been when I was migrated and I would have thought I would need the modem router before then?

Iím starting to wonder if things have gone, or are about to go wrong?

2. Advertisement
      IWasNotTheEnemy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWWIL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Now TV
      Thanks

Re: Have things gone wrong?

Some people get the router after they're active but you should normally have it before
      -------------------------------------------

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

Thanks

Thanks for that.

Being a pessimist, my guess is that things have gone wrong and that my connection date will be well outside the 10 days they first indicated.

Hopefully, as you suggest, I'll get the modem before I do actually get connected (from what I've read, the username/password is embedded in the modem and therefore needed to actually connect to the Sky Broadband service?).

Thanks again

Thanks

Correct on the username/password - until you have the router there's no other way of getting online. Sucks but it's always been this way

Useful Sticky: - How To Obtain Your Router Stats, BT Speed Test, Check For Test Socket

6. The Following User Says Thank You to IWasNotTheEnemy For This Useful Post:

sam_skyuser (31-03-11)

Thanks

Update:

It seems my pessimism about getting connected in the 10 days as suggested was justified as I’ve had a phone call from Sky Customer services explaining there has indeed been a problem with my order for Sky Broadband.

It seems that although I’ve been a Sky Talk customer for some time that my telephone line is being updated first (to LLU) and that blocked my broadband order. Once the line update is complete, they can then put another order in for me to have Sky Broadband.

Sky customer services have said they will call me back in three or four days with an update but at this rate, it looks like it’s going to be at least a couple more weeks before I get activated with Sky Broadband.

Thanks

At least they've found the issue, shame they didn't realise this would be the issue at PoS

Thanks

Indeed ... it seems that Sky Talk customers can either be on a 'BT' line or full LLU. Seems since I've been with Sky Talk I was not on their LLU service so I guess they took the opportunity with my order for Sky Broadband to move my line and my broadband service at the same time?

Again, you would have thought they would have known these things when I ordered. At least that way they could have made me aware of the possible delay in getting Sky Broadband while they took over my line.

Still, better late than never eh? : - )

Thanks

Really they should've asked you as being on full LLU will mean changing ISP in future will be a real ball ache as it'll have to move back to BT first. Personally, I'd have stayed on the BT network

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IWasNotTheEnemy View Post
      Really they should've asked you as being on full LLU will mean changing ISP in future will be a real ball ache as it'll have to move back to BT first. Personally, I'd have stayed on the BT network
      Thanks info but all I can say is that I had no idea about the problem until they phoned today. They certainly didn't mention anything at the time of me ordering Sky Broadband about moving my telephone line before getting their broadband.

Of course I wasn't aware there was a choice and going by what you say, if I ever do want to swap ISP in the future, I'm going to have to go through the same process again, only in reverse with my line first and then ISP

At this point in time I have no time frame for the phone line getting moved or of course the switch to Sky Broadband. I'm hoping that now they are aware of what is going on that they'll pull their fingers out and get it sorted asap... fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the info