Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

AOL->Sky, Speed increase?

This is a discussion on AOL->Sky, Speed increase? within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Hey, i'm currently an AOL broadband member paying 10 a month for a 1mb connection, i'd really like to get ...

Unregistered Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Question AOL->Sky, Speed increase?

Hey, i'm currently an AOL broadband member paying 10 a month for a 1mb connection, i'd really like to get a faster connection, however due to the distance from my home to the telephone exchange (3.20 kilometres), AOL have told me that I cannot receive a faster connection.

After being a Sky TV customer already, I called Sky and they've confirmed that I the Sky network is in my area and that I can receive 3 options, Base/Mid/Max.

So my question is, would taking the Sky MAX package help increase my 1mb connection speed, despite being 3.20Km away from my exhange?

Thanks,
      Mike

2. Advertisement
      SatDish is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Gravesend, NDGRA
      Broadband ISP: Virgin XXL 200
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Yes
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      hello there mr unregistered
      you should gain some increase exactly what im not sure im assuming your not on a MAX adsl product now, i could only get 1Mb on normale adsl now im on MAX adsl i can get between 1.7-1.2 Mb and i have been told that on LLU which is what sky is offering i would be able to get upto 4Mb, hope this gives you some idea of what to expect,
      "To help would be a great adventure"