Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

service deteriorated drastically

This is a discussion on service deteriorated drastically within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; at least you and i, Scubbie, are thinking along similar lines (your knowledge is obviously greater than mine). got to ...

kevpc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: service deteriorated drastically

at least you and i, Scubbie, are thinking along similar lines (your knowledge is obviously greater than mine). got to wait up to 72 hours before i hear from sky. suspect they will try to fob it off, as there has been 2 engineer visits. personally, i dont care if they make 102 visits. i want the problem sorted out. also hoping that my next door neighbour does the sensible thing and phones sky as well. surely that would make them realise that there must be a problem as he is getting the same thing happening?

2. Advertisement
      I_Hate_Sky_Awnsers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Standard
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Virgin
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevpc View Post
      hoping that my next door neighbour does the sensible thing and phones sky as well. surely that would make them realise that there must be a problem as he is getting the same thing happening?
      While i agree your neighbour should ring you would probably both get different Tier 1 and CST agents are therefore nobody will notice that it is an area issue, and therefore will just be treated as two different cases.

You might not have to wait 72 hours. You could try calling again in the morning, if it is not busy it may be possible to transfer you straight through to CST.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Results from http://www.speed.io (Copied on 2011-04-08 16:36:58)
      Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

it was supposedly cst that i was transferred to this morning. having to possibly wait 72 hours is a bit much, i think. (already trying to sweep under the carpet?) when i spoke to cst today, i did say about my neighbour, but was told that the guy couldn't check anything for my neighbour as he didn't have his details. i said i knew the name and address. shouldn't have been rocket science to then get his phone number and run a check.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Unfortunately the Data Protection Act would prevent anyone from searching the account without him being there with you.

A daft question, but one that doesn't appear to have been asked already, have you listened to your telephone line for any noise?

In order to complete this test you must use a telephone that connects to the socket with a chord, not wireless.

Pick it up and dial '1' and listen carefully for a few moments. Report back and let us know if there is any noise/crackling/hiss.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

yes, Scubbie. did that last week. my main phone is plugged into the master socket. BT told me there were no problems showing on my line. told me that line was tested twice. only have the one socket as well.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Usually when your told you will get a call within 72hours its Tier 1 to CST, Tier 1 logging a fault to openreach and CST will contact you or when CST log something to NOC its 48-72hours.
      Links Router Stats Useful Tutorials Speed Test Check For Test Socket Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise

Download: 50000 Kbit/s Upload : 4361 kbit/s Connects : 2446 conn/min Ping: 21 ms

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

showing my ignorance here, I_Hate_Sky_Answers, what is NOC? what i found a bit strange and annoying about this guys answer was that i already have an open ticket and been told to actually contact sky if the problems persist. he also told me that my line support was 'up to ', not just sky's service. i.e, sky offer a service 'up to 20meg', the BT line isn't actually supporting what BT say, only 'up to' what they say. still doesn't explain why my old line which synced at 16.4 meg suddenly kept falling over after months without problem, and the other line i was put onto which synced at 14.2meg (and stayed like that for 3 days) then started falling over as well.
      Last edited by kevpc; 26-03-11 at 07:40 PM. Reason: txt

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevpc View Post
      showing my ignorance here, I_Hate_Sky_Answers, what is NOC? what i found a bit strange and annoying about this guys answer was that i already have an open ticket and been told to actually contact sky if the problems persist. he also told me that my line support was 'up to ', not just sky's service. i.e, sky offer a service 'up to 20meg', the BT line isn't actually supporting what BT say, only 'up to' what they say. still doesn't explain why my old line which synced at 16.4 meg suddenly kept falling over after months without problem, and the other line i was put onto which synced at 14.2meg (and stayed like that for 3 days) then started falling over as well.
      Think its Network Operations Centre

You should have been put through

The usually deal with calling features and a few other things

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

oh, i see. tnx for that. i think the guy was full of crap myself, just trying to put me off! we'll see

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

checked things midnight friday, all as had been since rebooting router thursday morning. got up saturday and checked at 08:20. downstream dropped to 8.2mps. phoned sky again, they managed to change speed DOWN to 7.6mps. i rebooted router at 11:30, speed up tp 10.7mps. stayed at that after a reboot sunday morning (my curiosity). sky phoned me at 20:00ish sunday. at least this guy agreed that there is something wrong. booked BT again for Tuesday am call. gonna ask them to change line (some hope of that!) and wants me to ask as well. will post back. he must have reset line as speed up to 13mps.
      neighbour checked his status page saturday. speed up to the same as me (8.2mps). checked it again sunday, back down to 4mps. something definitely still wrong with both of our lines (we are on the same pole. suspicious?)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast