Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

service deteriorated drastically

This is a discussion on service deteriorated drastically within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; It's probably with BT escalations (based in Shepton)....

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: service deteriorated drastically

It's probably with BT escalations (based in Shepton).

2. Advertisement
      kevpc is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

had a call from sky wed eve. guy played with profile but only managed to reduce speed. rebooted yesterday morning, speed back to 14.2mps. call from sky again last night. tells me nothing else they can do, bt say all ok, but cant be. if it were, i wouldn't have had the problems, even when old line capped at 14mps still dropping slowing etc. i still reckon the problem is between the green box and my house but no chance in hell of getting anything done. wont put new line in, so even when fibre reaches me in the year dot, sure things will be less than they should be. time will tell.
      gotta continue to monitor, will get a call at weekend, then next week. looks like, as usual, the customer has to suffer because big business that is supposed to supply a particular service, wont spend a little of their exorbitant profits to ensure the service is right. good old 'rip off britain'. will post the outcome.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,195 Times in 2,065 Posts

Download and install RouterStats -Lite.

This program can monitor you connection and save the stats to a file. Later you can import the contents in to Excel (or some other Spreadsheet) and see what is happening at different times of day.

You can also send the text file to Sky for them to view. They will then be able to see that you are not making things up.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

tried that, Scubbie. selected my router from the list, it selected the ip, i put in the password. when i run the program, i immediately get an error message saying it cant connect to the router. when i look at the connection etc pages to see what is going on, there is a red line that stays at 0 the whole time. dont know why. expected to see the line at the point of my speed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevpc View Post
      tried that, Scubbie. selected my router from the list, it selected the ip, i put in the password. when i run the program, i immediately get an error message saying it cant connect to the router. when i look at the connection etc pages to see what is going on, there is a red line that stays at 0 the whole time. dont know why. expected to see the line at the point of my speed.
      The error message tells me that it isn't logging in to your router.

Could you double check which router you have please?

In your profile you have chosen the Sagem 2504. If you actually have the Sagem 2504N, then this is a different router.

It may pay to change the settings & see if there is another one to choose from which works.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

the router i am using is the netgear dsl624m, with sky username and password. i did try the various sky routers in the list, but no change

Isitme is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,602 Posts

Isn't the dsl624m a D-Link router?

You need to match the router. The D-Link DSL-G624M is in the list, so that should work.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Ok, a couple of things come to mind that may be able to help you to build the picture.

Firstly, it does not have to be a Sky router that will help you to run the software. Personally I don't recognise that model as a Sky router, but someone else may.

Secondly, there is also a similar program that may also help. It is available on this site:

How to use the SkyUser Router Stats Tool

I don't know if this is the same thing.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

i did match the router. no go. i did try using the sky routers in the list as i have 'spoofed one. still no go. routerstats lite gives me an error that it cant connect to the router, then shows a red line, starting at 0 and not moving. shows me nothing, nada.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevpc View Post
      i did match the router. no go. i did try using the sky routers in the list as i have 'spoofed one. still no go. routerstats lite gives me an error that it cant connect to the router, then shows a red line, starting at 0 and not moving. shows me nothing, nada.
      Phooey!

The program is designed for a few specific routers, but some of the choices will work on other models.

Choosing a Sky Router when yours has been spoofed wasn't the right choice, purely because the software is looking for a specific page in the router.

The whole idea was to monitor tour ADSL connection and collect some statistics to show the connection speed, noise margin & attenuation over a period of time. This might have helped to identify any issues. The output could have been sent to someone in CST to resolve the problem.

Sadly you can't get it to work, so I guess I'll have to keep quite whilst someone comes up with another route to help you to resolve your issue.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast