Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Connected, but can access internet etc

This is a discussion on Connected, but can access internet etc within the Sky Broadband help forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I had Sky BB installed on Monday (02/10) and all day things were fine. However, when I got home from ...

Archroy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sunderland
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Connected, but can access internet etc

I had Sky BB installed on Monday (02/10) and all day things were fine. However, when I got home from work yesterday, although it was showing as connected, I couldn't get onto any internet sites (I forget the error, can't test atm as am at work)... Also couldn't get any mails, log into Teamspeak, WoW etc...

Is this a known issue with Sky BB? I was tearing my hair out last night! I found this post as well - Router Freeze, Loss of Connection Possible Fix - but not sure how relevant it is... Is it just for wireless use?

Help!

Edit: Just noticed typo on title - D'oh!
      Last edited by Archroy; 04-10-06 at 10:40 AM.

2. Advertisement
      Wheelie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stanmore LWSTAN
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Welcome to the site Archroy

If you are getting an error code when you press the Sky button then you need to call SkyBB TS.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

If you would like to know the straight line distance to your exchange then
      click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

It's just the regular page not availabel type of error the Mozilla throws up... Dunno if that makes a difference...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Yes it is does and if the 'i' lite is green then it could be if you have a software firewall running that is casuing the problem so turn that off and see what happens.
      Ray

Some Advice.. Its always advisable to inform your old ISP as soon as you have migrated that you have moved.

click here
      Would you like an idea of the possible speeds you will get with the Max Package then click here or for the Connect Package then click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

All lights are on as they should be... As far as I know I only have Windows firewall in addition to McAfee... I'll turn it off and see how it goes... Thanks for the help...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I take it you installed the free McAfee security suite if so that could be your problem its caused a lot of trouble for people and there have been a lot of posts where its been un-installed just as fast as it was installed.
      Ray

click here

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      One more thing at may help is this post here For those of you who cannot access Ebay, MSN, Microsoft etc, the part where you have to Re-register .dll files
      Ray

click here

Grifter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Plymouth - WWPYTH
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I installed the McAfee security suite and have been having the problems with not being able to log-in to sites such as 'ebay.co.uk' and even 'bband.sky.com'. I tried switching the McAfee firewall off but this did not resolve.

I have just switched off the McAfee Privacy Service however and i can now log-in to all the sites i couldn't do before so this maybe worth trying if you have the McAfee software installed. I've switched the firewall back on and it's still working.

Steve.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Thanks for pointing that out Steve.
      Ray

click here

Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Don't think it's McAfee - when I was having bother I disabled all features and it still didn't work, but when it's working I can get onto any site no bother - have updated Ebay with new email addy etc... I forgot to mention in initial post that I did get full service back for about an hour, then it went for a bit and came back - should have said that before I know - poor diagnostics!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast